What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Championship and League 1 2018

jim_57

Staff member
From little things big things grow!, Paul Kelly 1989!, Wolfpack needs a Stadia to grow with them!
Unless I've got you misunderstood you're saying Toronto's home crowds are reliant on away supporters? They're getting over 6000 to their games, I doubt any more than a few hundred each week would be travelling fans from England.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Unless I've got you misunderstood you're saying Toronto's home crowds are reliant on away supporters? They're getting over 6000 to their games, I doubt any more than a few hundred each week would be travelling fans from England.

I doubt more than ten will be from England!

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
What I was trying to point out that the Wolfpacks crowd has flatlined and they are promoting trips to Canada for the away supporters, and catering quite well for the away fans with niche events.

adamkungl

Immortal
The latest complaint is that Toronto shouldn't be promoted because a bunch of players with criminal records might not be allowed into Canada...

That's right.
Don't warn clubs against signing thugs... hamstring the game's growth so they can keep thugs on board.

Truly fascinating logic

Perth Red

Post Whore
The latest complaint is that Toronto shouldn't be promoted because a bunch of players with criminal records might not be allowed into Canada...

That's right.
Don't warn clubs against signing thugs... hamstring the game's growth so they can keep thugs on board.

Truly fascinating logic

Pretty sure there must be loopholes in visas for sports players, plenty of crims travel the world plying their sporting trade.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cant see nay of the bottom 4 other than Widnes being at threat from any of the championship sides. Can Widnes find something or are they doomed to be dropped for Toronto? Would the million pound game be in Widnes or Toronto?

adamkungl

Immortal
Pretty sure there must be loopholes in visas for sports players, plenty of crims travel the world plying their sporting trade.

I hope that's the case, but the fact that some people think a club's ability to sign bums like Lui should be prioritised over the growth of the sport is just mind boggling

Perth Red

Post Whore
I hope that's the case, but the fact that some people think a club's ability to sign bums like Lui should be prioritised over the growth of the sport is just mind boggling

I dont think 99% do, its dangerous to take the odd nutball on social media as a gauge of fan sentiment and opinion!

adamkungl

Immortal
I dont think 99% do, its dangerous to take the odd nutball on social media as a gauge of fan sentiment and opinion!

There are still 'expert' journalists who resent Auckland having an NRL team..
Western Sydney and Northern England are 17,000km apart but basically next door neighbours in small mindedness

Perth Red

Post Whore
There are still 'expert' journalists who resent Auckland having an NRL team..
Western Sydney and Northern England are 17,000km apart but basically next door neighbours in small mindedness

Thats just a RL trait lol. There's good reason why after 100 years an amazing sports product like ours is still confined to a few tiny populations and has only 2 professional competitions. In the mean time a sht game like Union has managed to start up professional comps in a dozen plus countries.

jim_57

Staff member
1. Toronto - 41, +510
2. Toulouse - 31, +436
3. London - 31, +418
4. Halifax - 31, +195
5. Featherstone - 30, +381
6. Leigh - 30, +317

Toronto V Featherstone
Toulouse V Dewsbury
Barrow V London
Leigh V Sheffield
Halifax V Rochdale

So if all goes as expected top 4 remains as is. If any of Toulouse, London or Halifax slip up then Leigh get in Steven Bradbury style. Toulouse play Saturday and London Sunday meaning if Toulouse win London will know how much they have to win by to snag 2nd spot and 4 home games in the middle 8's.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
1. Toronto - 41, +510
2. Toulouse - 31, +436
3. London - 31, +418
4. Halifax - 31, +195
5. Featherstone - 30, +381
6. Leigh - 30, +317

Toronto V Featherstone
Toulouse V Dewsbury
Barrow V London
Leigh V Sheffield
Halifax V Rochdale

So if all goes as expected top 4 remains as is. If any of Toulouse, London or Halifax slip up then Leigh get in Steven Bradbury style. Toulouse play Saturday and London Sunday meaning if Toulouse win London will know how much they have to win by to snag 2nd spot and 4 home games in the middle 8's.

exciting finish !

Who plays who in the final round ?? THX

IntRLEnthusiast

Juniors
He seems to be speculating on Steve Mascord's speculation. Doesn't mean that it's not possible SL exclude Toronto but i don't think it's likely.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I know RL likes to shot itself in the foot all the time, but denying Toronto if they have gone through the whole qualification route would be more akin to dropping a grenade down the front of your pants

Latest posts