What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change of Captaincy

bileduct

Coach
The fact that the Raiders captaincy came down to a choice between McCrone and Croker shows that it wasn't really much of a choice at all. McCrone went on to play his worst game ever and Croker just ended up with it by default.

Almost 12 months on it's clear that in an improving team Croker has personally regressed in terms of confidence, skill and effort and his defence is just as pathetic as it ever was. With Sezer coming next year we'll have a better goal kicker, and with much more depth in the backs it looks like we don't need Croker in 2016. Hopefully the club is negotiating with others to offload him, but I can't imagine anyone other than Parramatta would be stupid enough to take him.

So that said, who should get the gig?

legend

Coach
I doubt Croker will ever leave Canberra. Could Wighton be a smokey? Austin seems a logical choice but would the extra responsibility inhibit his game? I think it might.

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
The fact that the Raiders captaincy came down to a choice between McCrone and Croker shows that it wasn't really much of a choice at all. McCrone went on to play his worst game ever and Croker just ended up with it by default.

Almost 12 months on it's clear that in an improving team Croker has personally regressed in terms of confidence, skill and effort and his defence is just as pathetic as it ever was. With Sezer coming next year we'll have a better goal kicker, and with much more depth in the backs it looks like we don't need Croker in 2016. Hopefully the club is negotiating with others to offload him, but I can't imagine anyone other than Parramatta would be stupid enough to take him.

So that said, who should get the gig?

I agree on Croker not being the best option for captaincy. Personally I think that Austin would be pretty close to taking that title.

I can't agree with you on not having Croker in the team. He's a solid defender now, he looks dangerous when he's running the footy and he's a fantastic goal kicker. Sure he made a crucial mistake on Saturday, but that could happen to anyone.

bileduct

Coach
Offloading Croker was obviously a bit of trolling but I am completely serious about Croker being a poor choice for captain.

I'm not so sure that Austin is a good choice either, for the reason that legend stated.

We need someone with a good temperament that knows how to engage referees without being antagonistic, which is something we've not had for a while. Every time the whistle blows Croker looks like he's about to have a fit and I think he just needs to get back to concentrating on doing what he does best.

Last edited:

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Bileduct, you're an idiot.

You were an idiot at your forum of choice but since being banned there you remain an idiot on League Unlimited.

The geography is immaterial. You were and continue to be, an idiot.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
1082040758.jpeg
capt.reeling-497x333.gif

Go back to your hugbox, TR. You'll only end up getting hurt here.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Tough on the outer, isn't it

Actually, haven't been on here for years. Was just reading through my ten year old PM's......you might be a troll, but damn you're living in the shadow for the late, great Bay56. THAT guy could land some blows :D

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
I never suggested for a second I came in here to check out my ten year old PMs. Deary me :D:D

Anyway, I'll let you get back to trolling yourself and the three or four other people who still visit this forum. Enjoy.

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
It would be nice if this forum was a bit more active. I know I don't post a lot on here, but I've always enjoyed the conversation here more than on GH.

bileduct

Coach
It would be nice if this forum was a bit more active. I know I don't post a lot on here, but I've always enjoyed the conversation here more than on GH.
Yeah, the latter Furner years really gave this forum a death sentence. There were more Parra fans in here than anyone else at one point.

I think the problem with club forums like the GH (but certainly not restricted to) is that they become too much of an echo chamber. I like other teams fans coming in here and adding their two cents.

bileduct

Coach
There's also bit too much censorship over there for my liking.
To be fair to the moderators though, I think that's just a side-effect of the echo chamber nature of the place. My perception is that the moderators, most of the time, are merely reacting to forum user complaints.

The frequent abuse that was posted about McCrone went largely unchecked for a long time, but if you made similar remarks about Croker or Fensom the posts were usually edited pretty quickly. I was curious about this so I started flagging some of the abuse McCrone was receiving and they would also end up being moderated within a reasonable amount of time.

When you go against the herd people tend to get upset. Otherwise they don't give a shit what you do.

Latest posts