What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes for Round 2

Dragonslayer

First Grade
This whole debate is really not about Jeremy Latimore, it's not even about Millward and recruiting, it's really about McGregor only.
Latimore was signed as a depth player, he even stated so in his "meet JL video", Millward even addressed it also using the phrase as mentor to our younger up-and-coming forwards.
McGregor is the one who selects the team each week, Latimore doesn't and Millward doesn't, it sits firmly on McGregor's shoulders only. If he chooses to select him then there's nothing any ranting and raving on here would change his mind. We basically had the same scenario last year with McCrone.
If JL runs out with the team tomorrow night, let's not lambaste him, forone thing is certain is that he is wearing the Red V and for that reason we should all be 100% behind him. And, if he has a shocker, aim the diatribe fairly and squarely on the shoulders who selected him.

Old Timer

Coach
The only thing putting me to sleep this offseason has been your diatribes OT.

I seem to remember you making pretty much the same points about graham. (Too old, adds no value, etc.) have you moved on to an easier target since you seem to have been proven wrong about graham?

Latimore is no world beater. But last Thursday he wore the red v with distinction. and that's good enough for me. He may or may not play a lot this year, but if he earns his spot and wears our jersey with pride, good on him.
You just refuse to get it.
It's not about an easy target, it's about how our club is refusing to get the best possible roster it can and in the meantime refusing to find out whether we have juniors that can make the transition or in fact do we have juniors that will never make the transition and they need to be moved on.
Watching 30+ aged players at the end of their careers plugging holes and getting a few wins each season IMO is not what we should be about.
IMO supporting the likes of Latimore in our 1st grade side save SOO (if we have big representation) or massive injuries is self defeating if you want to win a competition.
Questions still remain over whether Sele, Luc, Host, Lawrie, Kerr will ever make the grade and we flat out refuse to find out the answers.
Other well managed and highly professional clubs have no such issues clouding their judgement because they bother to find out.
If our juniors are shitters get rid of them and buy a Crichton or a Hess or an Arrow but not a Latimore.
FFS we let a heap of Latimore's go and then we bought one???????
Re Graham he is 1 full game in let's just wait and see how he holds up with the Power Game or is your memory of how last season panned out failed you?
By the way do you think we would have got him if the Dogs didn't have major issues and let's also see what his return is like when he has had a full year of Dragons footy and we are paying the bulk of his paycheque.

SBD82

Coach
You just refuse to get it.
It's not about an easy target, it's about how our club is refusing to get the best possible roster it can and in the meantime refusing to find out whether we have juniors that can make the transition or in fact do we have juniors that will never make the transition and they need to be moved on.
Watching 30+ aged players at the end of their careers plugging holes and getting a few wins each season IMO is not what we should be about.
IMO supporting the likes of Latimore in our 1st grade side save SOO (if we have big representation) or massive injuries is self defeating if you want to win a competition.
Questions still remain over whether Sele, Luc, Host, Lawrie, Kerr will ever make the grade and we flat out refuse to find out the answers.
Other well managed and highly professional clubs have no such issues clouding their judgement because they bother to find out.
If our juniors are shitters get rid of them and buy a Crichton or a Hess or an Arrow but not a Latimore.
FFS we let a heap of Latimore's go and then we bought one???????
Re Graham he is 1 full game in let's just wait and see how he holds up with the Power Game or is your memory of how last season panned out failed you?
By the way do you think we would have got him if the Dogs didn't have major issues and let's also see what his return is like when he has had a full year of Dragons footy and we are paying the bulk of his paycheque.
This is what I see when I read your posts:
IMG_4843.JPG

Frank Facer

First Grade
I am very surprised that this thread has now reached 10 pages. I thought it was a dud thread. As if Mary was ever going to make any changes to the side that beat Brisbane so convincingly.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
There is a lack of our reserve players putting any pressure on first grade players.
Luc I fear will not make it to holding down a first grade spot. I don't know whether that is a result of poor coaching in the lower grades or it maybe he cannot transition to first grade. This is not uncommon amongst our juniors.
Dufty appears he will make it but time will tell. I really hope he makes it because he looks like he has the skill set to make it.
There are only a few players in the lower grades that might make it but without a run off the bench who can say what they will be like.
We are very thin on players in particular centers and wingers that have as much potential as Dufty displayed.
Injuries to any first grade players is going to bite us.
I think injuries might save us injuries to McDonald and nighty and Aitken and Lafai will open a door do we have any plodding centres and wingers for Mary to pick I hope not

True_Believer

Juniors
I do. Unless Tariq’s/ luc’s form there Keeps him out. Which I doubt. I’d prefer him to come straight in, though could understand an argument for him playing a full 80 minutes in ISP one week first.

I'm of the same view. If his form warrants it, then yes. However I'm not of the belief that he should get slotted straight in just because he's a junior coming through and the rest of the team have to carry him if he isn't performing - I think we're already carrying too much on the edges as it stands.

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Go Dragons, Hope Mann gets a fair run, have no problem with Latimore.
Like to see Lafai run and a pass stick to Nene 60 meters out......

done fine, played well ( JB ) all that can be asked.

Carlton

Juniors
Are they though? I didn't seem the game but a majority of people on here suggested that nobody other than Sele really showed any promise. It seems to be very subjective, but if they aren't performing, you aren't promoting based on form are you?

Sele was good and Jackson Ford was outstanding and is a star of the future, and maybe not even that far away.

emu62

Juniors
Yes- Leilua was a big, unfit, overweight left edge running bully against smaller opponents in the NYC. He didn't defend much and didn't play long minutes. As soon as he turned 20 and had to get fit and play against men In the NSW Cup he lost his Kryptonite and has looked ineffectual and lost the past two years.

He and Host (jury out on Sele) are not NRL standard backrowers and don't provide any real impact off the bench. Don't start me on lumbering, loping, limp, Latibore. Penrith bring on Kikau, Cowboys bring on Hess- they've got dynamite, we've got fizzers.

Leilua, Innefectual Last year???? Christ the rest of the team must have been terrible. , I might be wrong but i thought He was voted our NSW cup player of the year last year. Surely he did something right?

epDragon62

First Grade
Leilua, Innefectual Last year???? Christ the rest of the team must have been terrible. , I might be wrong but i thought He was voted our NSW cup player of the year last year. Surely he did something right?
What an outlandish conclusion!!! :eek:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
So we should keep him in the 17 at the expense of the likes of Kerr & co because there is a chance he might provide us with that ONE game genius performance, I think not.
As for Jon Green, LOL because I still am !!!!!!!!!

Your reply suggests that I've advocated Latimore's inclusion at the expense of someone else.

I haven't.

As for my Jon Green remark, get back to me after another viewing of the 2010 semi final against the Tigers.

Again, without him Saints wouldn't have won the premiership the following week.

dragons77

Juniors
What has Mary done to this team. Nothing in attack, everyone is flat. Hsve a spare seat in grandstand for Lafai, disgrace.