What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes NSW must make.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Daley & Fulton.
These two have been picking the wrong players for years. First as a selector for Daley & now as coach. How many series do we need to lose before Fulton falls on his sword. I thought the selection of Buhrer was ridiculous but Walker takes the cake.

Ferguson.
Didn't deserve to be picked on form & showed that tonight. Need's to have a good season before he comes into contention again.

Jennings.
Caught out of position for two crucial tries in both game 1 & 2.

Moylan.
Tedesco should have come into fullback for game 2, I can understand why they didn't pick him but he has to be blooded for game 3. Moylan should be considered for the utility role off the bench.

Walker.
Should never have been picked. Unforgivable mistake trying to milk a penalty in game 1, beyond unforgivable penalty for crowding the ruck in game 2. Offers nothing off the bench, suspect in defense.

Bird.
Gets the ball at crucial times & does nothing. Gets dominated with the ball in hand & offers nothing in attack.

Gallen.
See above.

Hanging by a thread.

Andrew Fifita.
His play the balls were a little quicker tonight but I don't know if it was enough to save him. His slow plays & miking for penalties really cost us in game 1.

Robbie Farah.
I'm a Tigers fan & I'm really trying not to let my bias get in the way. His service was much better tonight than game 1 & his running from dummy half was great in the first half. Very quiet in the 2nd half though. The only thing that saves him is NSW really doesn't have any good young hookers, and for anyone who mentions Ennis, my god please go & watch his previous games for NSW. He's been abysmal in every game.

50/50

Josh Jackson.
Probably one of NSW best tonight. Great in defense but offers nothing in attack. Deserves his spot in game 3.

Adam Reynolds.
Not really anyone else to replace him with. Deserves a chance to take ownership of the team.

DiegoNT

First Grade
only 3 players I'd get rid off.
Gallen, bird, farah. Their era is over.
Give every other players a chance without the old guard and see who thrives and who still struggles. Treat it as a trial for next year.

BranVan3000

Coach
Was Tamou so invisible with his 38 meters that people forget to mention how little he deserves a spot?

mattyg

Bench
Actually looking forward to no more Bird and Gallen next year with any luck. They get the ball far too much in key positions. The edge forwards are much better hole runners. Farah is on a knife edge too I think.

Ferguson - don't think he did anything to deserve his jersey in the first place
Jennings - past his use by date
Walker - should never have been picked

A.Reynolds - not sure if he is up to this level. We lacked a bit of composure tonight. Thinking that Hodko even could at least calm things down a bit.

Frizzel, Jackson & Jack Bird were fantastic and I would be more than happy with them starting in the back row next year. I don't think we need mass changes, just get rid of some of the dead wood and players who didn't deserve selection to start with

Actually looking forward to no more Bird and Gallen next year with any luck. They get the ball far too much in key positions. The edge forwards are much better hole runners. Farah is on a knife edge too I think.

Ferguson - don't think he did anything to deserve his jersey in the first place
Jennings - past his use by date
Walker - should never have been picked

A.Reynolds - not sure if he is up to this level. We lacked a bit of composure tonight. Thinking that Hodko even could at least calm things down a bit.

Frizzel, Jackson & Jack Bird were fantastic and I would be more than happy with them starting in the back row next year. I don't think we need mass changes, just get rid of some of the dead wood and players who didn't deserve selection to start with

Jackson does nothing... Wouldn't mind Frizell moved over to the right and Wade Graham on the left edge.

Meth

Staff member
I would drop Walker, Jennings, Farah, Jackson, G Bird, Gallen at a minimum for game 3. And put Moylan on the bench.

mozza91

Coach
Gallen, Farah and Moylan for mine. Gallen and Farah are past it and there are better options, Moylan was poor in both games and is not strong enough Tedesco and Dugan are much better options.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
3. J Morris
4. Leilua
5. T Trbojevic
6. Maloney
7. Sezer
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Klemmer
11. Frizell
12. Cordner
13. Lewis

14. J Bird
15. Cartwright
16. James
17. Fifita/Vaughan

typicalfan

Coach
Is Jennings fully fit?

He looks down on pace and he had an impact on two tries on either end basically a 24 point swing.

I would be happy to give Moylan another game. I think he improved out of sight from the first game and got better as the game went on, plus he showed the most urgency when the game was getting on.

Gallen has one attribute and that is metres. If he is giving under 100 metres then he is not providing what he is picked for, plenty of players in the nrl that can tuck and run.

I'd swap out Greg Bird for Bryce Cartwright.

If Reynolds is injured I'd go Sezer or Brooks as a bolter. I don't see Bird and Maloney working just my opinion.

Ryan James for Tamou. Jack Bird for Walker and put Peats on the bench.

Tedesco maybe for Ferguson although Ferguson has made less errors than I thought and could be a good combo with Jack Bird and Josh Morris for Michael Jennings.

Tommy Smith

Referee
1. Tedesco
2. Dugan
3. Bird
4. Leilua
5. Trbojevic
6. Maloney
7. Reynolds
8. Woods
9. Ennis
10. Fifita
11. Frizell
12. Jackson
13. Merrin

14. James
15. Klemmer
16. Graham
17. Cartwright

TheFrog

Coach
1. Tedesco
2. Dugan
3. Bird
4. Leilua
5. Trbojevic
6. Maloney
7. Reynolds
8. Woods
9. Ennis
10. Fifita
11. Frizell
12. Jackson
13. Merrin

14. James
15. Klemmer
16. Graham
17. Cartwright

So explain something, if you will. You're basically gutting the entire side but leaving Woods there. What did he do to deserve such largesse?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
1 - Tedesco
2 - Mansour
3 - Bird
4 - Dugan
5 - Trbojevic
6 - Maloney
7 - A.Reynolds
8 - Woods
9 - Peats