What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 10 - Boycott

Lantana

Juniors
What is going on with Channel 10 and Sportstonight?!?!
Every night this week I have tuned in to watch there sports report and I am amazed at the complete disdain they are treating the Rugby League with!
I mean it is THE NRL Grand Final, the MOST watched TV programme on the Eastern seaboard of Australia.
Monday night I watched in anticipation of a saturation coverage of the up coming GF, what do we get instead....news about Manchester City losing at home!!(f**king what?), some sorry bullshit about some Hawthorn homo going to Carlton (My god!!) ..after shaking my head and composing myself thinking.."It's OK, the NRL is surely next"..... But no..some complete dribble about the next round of the V8's.. Nothing on league until later in the bulletin.
The next night all they can be bothered showing is the Roosters open training run. Nothing from the Panthers.
I understand Ten have a contract to show the AFL but f**k me.... the AFL is over, if anybody cares.
The sooner the NRL broker a proper multi-channel free-to-air TV deal the better. I think it is up for renewal at the end of 2005 so negotiations may start towards the end of next year.
But in the mean time give ten and seven a wide berth, between the two they are trying to choke RL.
Between that overgrown homo Koshy on Sunrise, doing his best to clean Eddie Jones arse crack with his tongue, and Matt "Best mates with AFL HOMO Rove McManus" they are eliminating all editorial space for the league.
HAve the AFL and Union come to an agreement where they combine their efforts to squash RL alltogether?
Think about it, AFL want to own the Australian landscape because frankly they will never ever have an international competition. Rugby Union want to have 100% of the domestic Rugby market and no competition internationally.
Call me paranoid.. I just think both codes and subsequently both channels stink.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I've always thought Sports Tonight was a crap show. Rarely watch it especially since 10 got the AFL rihts.

Lantana said:
Call me paranoid

You are paranoid.

Seriously, what real news has there been out of the Panthers camp? Except something about Ben Ross having to perve on girls for an hour before games? :lol: It's a sports news show, not a magazine show.

You are lucky. In Melbourne all the ruby news that we get is on 10s Sports tonight.

Not even Nien news has much Leage in it.

Boycott them all and tune into the internet I say.

Lantana

Juniors
Dean

Maybe so, but surely the NRL Grand Final deserves billing rights for one week a year?
We sat through entire sportscasts dedicated to the AFL Finals, let alone the AFL Grand Final.

roofromoz

First Grade
Sports Tonight is a goldmine compared to World Sport on SBS.

For some reason, I watched it on Tuesday night, and not once did they mention anything about the NRL. The only Australian sport that they seem to report on is if it is anything to do with that round ball... they may as well rename the show World Soccer...

But Sports Tonight has always been like that, even before they got the AFL rights. Their rationale is probably that it is a more national game than the NRL, and during the winter now, it is a given that any AFL news will get precedence over rugby league.

However, the AFL had its turn to shine last week, and now it's our turn. And Channel 10 should have realised that. I think that two teams making a grand final is more important that some fully drunk AFL players making geese of themselves.

But seeing that 10 had the grand final, I'm sure they wanted to milk their investment right to the very end.

weasel

First Grade
Channel Ten has been awful since it got the AFL, in Brisbane anyway, some nights they don't even have league on the bulletins and if there's any kind of development with the Lions at all they'll always devote far more coverage to that than the league. The only league stories that ever seem to take precedence are ones involving Tallis or Bennett.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Even Les (is that my real name) Murray on SBS shows more league!!

I reckon there is a conspiracy!! :?

Sports Tonight used has to have RL first segment every time......ever since the AFL rights where given to them.....understandable in ways!!

Don't worry Ch 10 is even showing more highlights of the Shitehouse v8's over the F'1'S!!!.....now that's injustice :evil:

simon says

First Grade
Like channel 9 does a good job :roll: :roll:

Not one bloody live game until the semis....hopeless commentary.

The sooner they give all the games to fox the better,Warren Smith does a top job and the coverage is first rate.....AND ALWAYS LIVE.

Channel 9 is a #^%$%$^&$^& joke.

Bengal

Juniors
I find Warren Smith totally boring.

There's no enthusiasm, no excitement in his voice for mine.

He sounds like a boring kiwi rah rah commentator.

Channel 10 - totally pathetic!!!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That Channel 10 is always obsessed with AFL even though the season is OVER!!!!!. They still talk bout players coming and going, and play 10 minutes of it. And they move on to some stupid motor racing or V8s. They only mention league for about 3 seconds, which is a complete joke even though theres a GF this week.

They dont even mention much about the Union, even though theres a World Cup coming up. I cant stand that idiot of the panel, Steve Quarterman. They meant to have him talking about sport on the show, but he only talks about one sport and also gives league a bad name.

aphelion

Juniors
9, 10, and SBS are all bollocks, but those of us without pay TV (read: me) would be pretty hard up if we boycotted all 3 of those. Sports Tonight is tolerable, even though I only watch it for the League and overseas reports. But yeah, they put way too much emphasis on AFL, motor racing, and bloody Golf.

World Sports should most definitely change its name to World Soccer. Ronaldo farting is justification enough for a headline bulletin on that show. Their 5 minute's worth of League coverage a week is a joke as well. Ben Elias should be executed. Anyone who's had the misfortune to sit through one of his slots will surely agree with me.

Oh, Ron, Les Murray's real name is Laszlo Urge. Hence his fixation with Hungary and soccer in general.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
aphelion said:
9, 10, and SBS are all bollocks, but those of us without pay TV (read: me) would be pretty hard up if we boycotted all 3 of those. Sports Tonight is tolerable, even though I only watch it for the League and overseas reports. But yeah, they put way too much emphasis on AFL, motor racing, and bloody Golf.

World Sports should most definitely change its name to World Soccer. Ronaldo farting is justification enough for a headline bulletin on that show. Their 5 minute's worth of League coverage a week is a joke as well. Ben Elias should be executed. Anyone who's had the misfortune to sit through one of his slots will surely agree with me.

Oh, Ron, Les Murray's real name is Laszlo Urge. Hence his fixation with Hungary and soccer in general.

Oh, Ron, Les Murray's real name is Laszlo Urge. Hence his fixation with Hungary and soccer in general

I knew there was something fishy about his name :D .......Les Murray??.......the bloke can hardly speak English :lol: :lol:

Ron Jeremy said:
aphelion said:
Oh, Ron, Les Murray's real name is Laszlo Urge. Hence his fixation with Hungary and soccer in general

I knew there was something fishy about his name :D .......Les Murray??.......the bloke can hardly speak English :lol: :lol:

When Les first appeared on TV, his producers thought Australians wouldn't cope with a foreign name - Les Murray was an English 'equivalent' that he came up with shortly before going on air.

Having an accent is not the same as not being able to speak English - I'd say Les is a lot more articulate than a number of league commentators I could mention.

Latest posts