What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 7 wins TV rights

Perth Red

Post Whore
Been very impressed with the coverage and promotion and we are only at venue announcement! hopefully they keep it up right up to the tournament

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Channel 7 always treated International Rugby League with a lot more respect than 9 ever has well when channel 7 has had the TV rights anyway. They must see the potential seeing as they had the rights decades ago before all the bigwigs stuck their noses in and turned the whole game upside down. Just before that, the crowds were definitely growing esp in the UK and all the people I knew used to stay up and watch the games even going back to school days.

undertaker

Coach
Channel 7 always treated International Rugby League with a lot more respect than 9 ever has well when channel 7 has had the TV rights anyway. They must see the potential seeing as they had the rights decades ago before all the bigwigs stuck their noses in and turned the whole game upside down. Just before that, the crowds were definitely growing esp in the UK and all the people I knew used to stay up and watch the games even going back to school days.
I was too young to remember when Ch7 had the rights during 1991-93, but they sure did a fantastic job at the 2013 RLWC.

Really looking forward to their coverage next year, considering all matches will be live and in HD. To think that Ch9 only showed the final live in 2008 and all their other matches were on 1-2hr delay, it goes to show how far World Cup tv coverage has come since then.

Last Week

Bench
I was too young to remember when Ch7 had the rights during 1991-93, but they sure did a fantastic job at the 2013 RLWC.

Really looking forward to their coverage next year, considering all matches will be live and in HD. To think that Ch9 only showed the final live in 2008 and all their other matches were on 1-2hr delay, it goes to show how far World Cup tv coverage has come since then.

I find it amazing that they're going to show Australia's games on Channel 7 live. Not 7mate, but Channel 7 itself.

France and Lebanon are going to be on prime time FTA television in Australia. That's unbelievable.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Been very impressed with the coverage and promotion and we are only at venue announcement! hopefully they keep it up right up to the tournament

Seems to have gone very quiet. Hopefully the loss of the CEO hasn't killed the great start the tournament made. Be good to see some advertising incorporated into the nrl season.

Coastbloke

Bench
Don't expect Ch9 to give it any airtime..I expect Fatty to dribble about SOO on wk1 of the Footy Show though... :expressionless: