What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 a disgrace...again

salivor

First Grade
Just started watching the Melbourne v Sydney match and who do I hear is commentating? Phil Gould.
How can those in charge at channel 9 let Gus commentate on this particular game when he has a huge conflict of interest? Not only is he on the coaching staff of the Roosters but he's made his views very clear that he doesn't think Melbourne should be in the competition. Great ingredients for balanced commentary.

ParraMatt

Bench
I think it is pathetic. There is plenty of Commentators who could referee this game without getting Phil Gould involved. I would rather Matty Johns.

salivor

First Grade
The greatest planet of all....New Zealand. Aussies are always behind the times 8) .

NPK

Bench
I agree that Gould should not commentate Roosters games, but Lazarus is doing a similar thing too - he works for the Broncos and calls their games.

salivor

First Grade
Lazarus calls games? Is that only for Queensland viewers?
Daley is another shocker, the bloke should never be allowed to call Raiders matches. Made a complete goose of himself with the Broncos v Raiders match at Suncorp this year.

Peter North said:
I think it is pathetic. There is plenty of Commentators who could referee this game without getting Phil Gould involved. I would rather Matty Johns.

After some of the refereeing the last few weeks I reckon some commentators could possibly referee. :lol: :lol:

NPK

Bench
Yep, Lazarus calls games..probably just for Qld viewers..he has done the last few Saturday afternoon Broncos games on channel 9.

[furrycat]

Coach
Peter North said:

Commentators refereeing?!?!

Anonymous

Juniors
Yeah the team Lazerus and Bomber are QLD only thus I figger that's all right.

Gould should never be allowed to commentate Rooster matches again, disgraceful.

Parra_Eels

Bench
bomber should never be allowed within 100m of a commentators box. fair dinkum he has the worst voice for commentary ever. its actually excrucitating to listen to him

salivor

First Grade
Tidus_Raider said:
I find Daley to be nuetral in his assessment of a game.

Did you watch the fox coverage of the Broncos v Raiders round 16 match? For the first time ever the commentary was so bad that I had to put on the mute button.

Latest posts