What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 being merkins

You have to ask who's fault is it that Ch9 treats the game poorly?

Who negotiated the deal with ch9? and who chooses to not even bother enforcing the existing agreement?

It all comes back to Gallop and the NRL.

This is 100% correct. Gallop is the soft c**k who does nothing to stand up for the games poor treatment and Channel 9 are allowed to get away with whatever they want.

Bulldog Force said:
They'll get score updates every news hour anyway. And if it doesn't put a dent in the ratings, why create a thread about it??

smh, are you really this stupid? They can get a live score update on the internet if they want to but it is hardly the same as listening to it on the radio or watching the game.

Coaster

Bench
Gold Coast Titans fans living on the Gold Coast should go to the ground and watch the game. If theyre busy and cant make it to the game, then theyre probably too busy to watch it on tele anyway.

Maybe no games should be shown in Sydney live then, when Sydney teams are playing

ozjet1

Maybe no games should be shown in Sydney live then, when Sydney teams are playing

I don't think you understand my argument.

I have no problem with tonight's matches being broadcast live into the Sydney market as there are no matches in Sydney to compete with.

Coaster

Bench
I don't think you understand my argument.

I have no problem with tonight's matches being broadcast live into the Sydney market as there are no matches in Sydney to compete with.
I understand it, but what about when games are in Sydney? like every other weekend, should they be shown live? or do the same rules you want to load on to GC residents apply?

edit: I didnt read your whole post, looks like you do not want any city to get the game live if the game is in that city

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Yep it's BS but it isn't new.

In fact last week Broncos fans had to rely on a NZ radio feed because 9 wouldn't allow any Australian radio company to broadcast the game.

EDIT: If the NRL wishes to persist with the two Friday night games they should sanction one for 9 and the other for Fox live. Once the two live games are over, they'd then swap games.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I love how the original article plays up what Channel 9 is doing but buries the fact that most of the region can pick up NBN, which will screen the game in question.

Typical sh*tstirring sensationalist journalism at it's News Limited best.

franklin2323

Immortal
This thing really gets on my nerves. Wont ABC radio doing the Bris game not give scores??? So people will know who won anyway so nine are just being tossers

ozjet1

I understand it, but what about when games are in Sydney? like every other weekend, should they be shown live? or do the same rules you want to load on to GC residents apply?

edit: I didnt read your whole post, looks like you do not want any city to get the game live if the game is in that city

That's it.

And I go further.

Coaster

Bench
I dont care to be honest, i am going to smash another 2 beers real quick, then head down to Robina to stand in the rain, and watch us smash the Tigpies Live like a real supporter.

ozjet1

I love how the original article plays up what Channel 9 is doing but buries the fact that most of the region can pick up NBN, which will screen the game in question.

Typical sh*tstirring sensationalist journalism at it's News Limited best.

What I thought. and they'll get a replayed broadcast of the game on c9 straight after it so will get to watch it twice.

And folks, keep copying the full article. Last thing I want to do is click on the link and contribute to 'hit' data they take to advertisers through all the sensationalised, agenda driven and bogan majority opinionated crap. Cheers.