What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 bloody hypocrites

Mark Rudd

Juniors
7,000 at the Dogs game? I doubt there was over 4000 there. Disgraceful.

The reason why Melbourne havnt been given Friday night games was because they said the empty stand looked bad on TV. Yet they have no trouble showing the game today with empty stands galore.

Nice one NINE. Morons.

Cammo

Bench
I was at the game, and there was pretty much about 7,000 there. Everyone was in the covered area and virtually no-one was on the hills at all.

Even so, it was an ordinary crowd. The Showground is the worst stadium in the NRL.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ever heard of rain?

A lot of people for some reason have waterphobia. It's quite pathetic IMO, but it keeps people away from the footy. Would've got 12 or 13k had the rain not been bucketing down, a lot of people don't want to go in the wet.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ever heard of rain?

A lot of people for some reason have waterphobia. It's quite pathetic IMO, but it keeps people away from the footy. Would've got 12 or 13k had the rain not been bucketing down, a lot of people don't want to go in the wet.

I went today and thoroughly enjoyed it. I got to sit beside the away side tunnel and ask Melbourne which player had paid off Simpkins after his DISGUSTING refereeing display in the first half. Just glad we won though.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Ever heard of Umbrella's?

Ref paid by Melbourne players? Perhaps. But was also paid of by the Dog's players too. Some bad calls. Real bad.

Good game though.

iggy plop

First Grade
dodge said:
Ever heard of rain?

I reckon the crowd would have been pushing 10k on a fine day going by recent Dogs v Storm games at the ground.

salivor

First Grade
I think it's a good example of how certain sections of the media seem determined to de-rail Melbourne and really couldn't give a toss about sticking to the facts on this subject.

Dani

Immortal
fair-weather supporters really annoy me. personally, i'd be there supporting my team, rain hail or shine, damn it i'd be there if it was snowing. if you support a team, you support them, you shouldnt chose to support them only when the weather is nice. #-o

rooster69

Juniors
The showground is a pathetic venue ....Im surprised there were 7000 there. Reminds me of a Crushers v Illawarra game a few years back in abysmal conditions admittedly the crowd reported was 2300 or 2500 people , and the radio sideline commentator said he counted probably no more than 800 people there.....talk about fudging the figures ( the crowd announcer must have also worked at HIH during the week ).