What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 - Last straw in Melbourne

Dani

Immortal
they have put csi miami and without a trace on before hand but the worst part is that they are REPEATS

Surandy

Bench
StormGurlDani said:
they have put csi miami and without a trace on before hand but the worst part is that they are REPEATS

Not to mention Merrick & Rosso.

Channel Nein are crap, I rang them today. Like I mentioned earlier they cared as much about my opinion as LU's posters care about Beaussie's opinion.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Parra_Eels

Bench
one thing that you forgot to forgotten was that SBS was showing a World Cup program at the same time of SoO

not they weren't. brazi played turkey straight after origin and the next night germany played south korea on nine.

Beaussie

First Grade
So how are all the phone calls to Channel 9 Melbourne going?

Laughed at on the phone, before being hung up on I'll bet. :lol:

storm007

Juniors
I rang them yesterday and they said they will take note of what I have said and everyone else that is complaning about the time of SOO and pass it on to the relevant people. ( I will not hold by breath though ).

I asked how many calls they had - answer the phone has not stopped ringing over this.
(well that is what he said anyway)

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
Parra_Eels said:
one thing that you forgot to forgotten was that SBS was showing a World Cup program at the same time of SoO

not they weren't. brazi played turkey straight after origin and the next night germany played south korea on nine.

I didn't say it was a World Cup game SBS had on it.

They had a panel style of program on the World Cup.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
it is just so stupid i'm sure that if it was shown live it would be the highest rating tv show in melb. i love merrick and rosso but it we can go 1 week witout it. how funny was last nights show?

Beaussie said:

just as much as you ringing up Ray Hadley and talking about AFL

troydodds

Juniors
Channel Nine don't make decisions by throwing a darts. They make the decisions based on what they truly believe will work and obviously they don't think State of Origin will work.

Let's not forget that Channel Nine broadcasted Storm games live all season a few years back, on Saturday afternoons, and it was failure.

Melbourne did enough to win the public - they won a premiership in just their second year.

Everyone just needs to realise that most in Melbourne will never warm to rugby league, and have no interest in it.

I believe, if my memory serves me correctly, there is a AFL Origin game as well - can't exactly remember who plays, but I cannot imagine Channel Nine would drop what is a prime time ratings winning line-up (without a trace, csi etc) to show something not even featuring a team in NSW .....

Surandy

Bench
Beaussie said:

Laughed at? No.

Hung up on? No.

joshreading

Staff member
There hasn't been AFL Origin for a couple years.

Millions of dollars have gone into Sydney and Brisbane to promote AFL from the AFL itself. And this has been built upon the large expatriate population (of whom I am one) of AFL supporters from Vic, SA and WA.

The NRL and other clubs need to realise for their clubs to prosper and the code to prosper each needs to help in winning the non-RL states.

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
troydodds said:
Let's not forget that Channel Nine broadcasted Storm games live all season a few years back, on Saturday afternoons, and it was failure.

Yes they did and it was also against the gate. Foxsports showed the Storm games live (at the same time) it was a rating winner for them.

troydodds said:
Melbourne did enough to win the public - they won a premiership in just their second year.

I would disagree that winning the premiership won over the Melbourne public. More so I think it hurts us. Now I wouldn't give the premiership up for anything. But the Melbourne sporting public take a lot to win over in any sport. They will come out in droves for major events and any sort of representative sport. But any club team needs to show they are 1) around for a long time 2) Winners

Just look at some of the crowd figures of some of the lower AFL clubs over the past few years.

A North Melbourne vs Melbourne game a few years ago at the MCG had less of a crowd than Storm did at the same time at O.P.

troydodds said:
Everyone just needs to realise that most in Melbourne will never warm to rugby league, and have no interest in it.

IMO, very wrong, a Herald Sun readers poll put Storm the most read Footy club on a Monday than any other single club of all codes.

Some of the supporters and corporates down here are developing plans to be put to the club that they believe will help get figures up. And this is one of the big keys.

When you have dedicated AFL corporate people start to follow Storm and are prepared to sit down and develop things for the Melbourne market for the club it can only be to the benefit of the game.

On a side note, this morning on 3AW breakfast they were talking about the BEST team sporting jumpers in the world.

They rated Melbourne Storm's highly (6th) the only AFL jumper to get a gone was Carltons. The people doing the ratings are AFL mad and not big fans of Rugby League at all. This like this start to help Storms profile no end and it also shows that we are making head way.

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
troydodds said:

Yes they did and it was also against the gate. Foxsports showed the Storm games live (at the same time) it was a rating winner for them.

troydodds said:

I would disagree that winning the premiership won over the Melbourne public. More so I think it hurts us. Now I wouldn't give the premiership up for anything. But the Melbourne sporting public take a lot to win over in any sport. They will come out in droves for major events and any sort of representative sport. But any club team needs to show they are 1) around for a long time 2) Winners

Just look at some of the crowd figures of some of the lower AFL clubs over the past few years.

A North Melbourne vs Melbourne game a few years ago at the MCG had less of a crowd than Storm did at the same time at O.P.

troydodds said:

IMO, very wrong, a Herald Sun readers poll put Storm the most read Footy club on a Monday than any other single club of all codes.

Some of the supporters and corporates down here are developing plans to be put to the club that they believe will help get figures up. And this is one of the big keys.

When you have dedicated AFL corporate people start to follow Storm and are prepared to sit down and develop things for the Melbourne market for the club it can only be to the benefit of the game.

On a side note, this morning on 3AW breakfast they were talking about the BEST team sporting jumpers in the world.

They rated Melbourne Storm's highly (6th) the only AFL jumper to get a gone was Carltons. The people doing the ratings are AFL mad and not big fans of Rugby League at all. This like this start to help Storms profile no end and it also shows that we are making head way.

Latest posts