What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel Nine 9 Commentary Last Night

I went to the game last night but taped both the Nine telecast and Fox.

I was curious who would be commentating for Nine and thought I'd watch the replay to see how it was commentated.

Surprise Surprise Gould and Fittler are doing the game.

Never heard two commentators riding a team home so much.

Fittler was in particular a biased prick when Kearry got sin binned. It was "welcome to the Shire"

When Gal got penalised late in the game and it was obvious that Cordner was milking it. It was "He earned that penalty". Wonder what he would've said if it was a Sharks player that did the same thing at the other end of the field to ice the game for the Sharks. f**k no he wouldn't have.

Late in the game when Sharks are trying to force a scrum after the Roosters knocked on from the kick off. Fittler' s shouting or more like cheering. "No time! No Time! "

Wouldn't be surprised if Fittler was wearing his Roosters jersey in the commentary box.

What merkins.

Interested to hear if anyone else taped or watched the 9 commentary of the game. I thought it was a Roosters cheer squad. Pathetic!

carcharias

Immortal
They all do it

Gould f**king hates us
I'm so glad he had to commentate us winning the comp
He was almost rooting the microphone when the storm hit the lead...then dead quiet when fif scored.
Ha
Suck arse to him

Stake Removed

First Grade
So true DS, and then post game Andrew Johns showing bias, he is employed by Roosters was showing his bias.

Today if Gould is doing commentating and Fittler on sideline they will be riding Panthers all the way.

Add Lockyer to it, he does same with Broncs, i have seen questions his asked Bennett so softball, Lockyer is on the Broncos board.

Channel 9 should notice this, best way is for us to watch it on 9 watch it any which way but through 9

ghoti

Bench
Fittlee was especially shit last night and I usually just find him to be a funfny doofus...even imagining things. "That should have been a penalty" talk when replays show nothing

(Hoo boy I'm still drunk from last night...this was a very difficult post to write I hope you appreciate it)

Eion

First Grade
It's what they do and fair enough. No secret Freddie and gus love the roosters. For balance 9 should have had a sharks fan to counter. They have big marn and beau on their payroll for example

Card Shark

Immortal
Why don't they commentate on the game instead of talking crap.

They never once mentioned how poor segeyaro was going & we lost our way when brailey went off.

Gould comes up with wild theories (to big note himself) but can't state the obvious.

Stake Removed

First Grade
At one stage before the game from the studio they were talking about SOO for next year, for gods sake how many times do we need to hear that.

The only thing i got chuckle about was A.Johns ripping into Haynes performance for Titans

You do know Ennis shows terrible Sharks bias don't you?

No where near as bad as those two Frenzy. Trust me if you listened to it you'd want to throw a brick at the TV.

I think Ennis is pretty fair to be honest and respectful to all teams.

Frenzy.

Immortal
No where near as bad as those two Frenzy. Trust me if you listened to it you'd want to throw a brick at the TV.

I think Ennis is pretty fair to be honest and respectful to all teams.

I'm on record. I won't listen to it. It offers nothing for me.

bluefox68

Staff member
As I said in another thread, I had to mute the second half to avoid smashing something!!!
So unprofessional...

snout

First Grade
The Blues want to create a new culture and get rid of the previous boozy one.

They want the new team to be Fittler and Joey.

Farkin gold!..you couldn't make that shit up.