What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2018 - Rabbitohs vs Dragons

How bad was Nightingale?

A couple of months ago someone on here kept comparing him to Goodwin.

He's not fit to tie Goodwin's bootlaces.

It's sad that he chose to not accept our fair offer for this year, I think aside from the time he got on the field he could of aided in the development of Kennar, Burns, Jennings, Graham, Gagan, Hiroti and others.

Anyway, he chose to leave for personal reasons for him and his family. I respect both him and what he has achieved for our club.

I wish him and his family all the best.

Rabbits20

Immortal
How bad was Nightingale?

It's sad that he chose to not accept our fair offer for this year, I think aside from the time he got on the field he could of aided in the development of Kennar, Burns, Jennings, Graham, Gagan, Hiroti and others.

Anyway, he chose to leave for personal reasons for him and his family. I respect both him and what he has achieved for our club.

That was me in to regards of the experience he brings to St Merge in the backline.

He usually is very very good but maybe he will start declining...

Rabbitoad

Juniors
How bad was Nightingale?

There's only one person on here who's in love with Bryson Goodwin and never shuts up about him.

handyman2190

Bench
A lot of people read those stats and think we had a blinder...

I read them and think that they are a terrible sign for our season ahead.

Sure, you're going to beat the odd team from time to time with less ball and less attacking sets in the opposition half, but as a rule in the NRL, if you don't dominate those statistics week in, week out then you will lose far more games than you win.

All it shows me is that the Dragons execution was poor. They certainly put themselves in a position to win the game and laid a very good platform. They just didn't make the most of their opportunities and we made the most of ours.

Plenty of other teams would have put us to the sword the other night. We were just plain lucky we came up against one that couldn't.
I actually agree our defence hasnt improved and giving stupid penaltys like the last 2 seasons hasnt stopped.
The coach should talk to the wingers about racing up out of the line and the rest need to slide faster

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
How bad was Nightingale?

Nightingale is an oddity for me. One week he’ll have a blinder and score freak tries that not many wingers can and then the next week he’ll struggle to make any impact.

I respect him a lot though as he’s like St George’s Sutton. He’s stuck with the club through all the hard times and sometimes it’s hard to know whether their time is up. I thought Sutton was going to be a burden this year but at the Charity Shield he was playing out of his skin. Hopefully it’s the same for Nightingale.

OVP

Coach
Just a quick drive-by fellas

Congrats on winning your Grand Final.

Toodle pipski.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
The irony is that you follow that person around like a bad smell and never shut up about them... Pretty sure I know what is worse...
You still upset that your Robbie Farah rumour got debunked so quickly? Or are you worried I'll bring up your recent Madge rumour?

Either way, it's nice to see the "inside source" brothers sticking together

Rabbitoad

Juniors
If someone posts something stupid, I give my opinion on it.

If one or two people cop that more than others, that's a reflection on them, not me.

I'm not going to coddle certain people just because they like having a place where they can pretend they're The Mole, then get insecure and upset when people ask reasonable questions.

We're adults, yeah? Generally that comes with taking some pride in your word having some integrity.

Last edited:
If someone posts something stupid, I give my opinion on it.

If one or two people cop that more than others, that's a reflection on them, not me.

I'm not going to coddle certain people just because they like having a place where they can pretend they're The Mole, then get insecure and upset when people ask reasonable questions.

We're adults, yeah? Generally that comes with taking some pride in your word having some integrity.

There's calling someone out on something and then there's following someone around the forum and nitpicking over every single comment they've made.

You fit neatly under option 2. Rabbits 20 can't make a single post without some sort of snide remark from you.

Adults generally don't have a sook when they get pegged for something either. Just saying...

Anyway, you can take what I'm saying as a warning to modify your behavior... Which is how its intended or you can bitch and moan and ignore it...

Completely up to you.

Last edited:

Rabbitoad

Juniors
There's calling someone out on something and then there's following someone around the forum and nitpicking over every single comment they've made.

You fit neatly under option 2. Rabbits 20 can't make a single post without some sort of snide remark from you.

Adults generally don't have a sook when they get pegged for something either. Just saying...
There's like 5 threads in here that I look at. Not "following" anyone. If I'm responding to his comments a lot, that just means he's making a lot of stupid comments. Hard for me to "nit pick" a comment if that comment isn't totally ridiculous.

Nice little attempt to try and label my response as "sooking" to discredit it when you can't form a logical argument to what I've said though. That's a nice touch.

Funny how you've stepped up this attempt to "peg" me after a couple of your rumours get proven wrong, hey? Maybe this little outburst is less about my behaviour and more about you feeling a little insecure?

No need to be so defensive mate. They're only words. I'm not trying to kill your first born or anything.

There's like 5 threads in here that I look at. Not "following" anyone. If I'm responding to his comments a lot, that just means he's making a lot of stupid comments. Hard for me to "nit pick" a comment if that comment isn't totally ridiculous.

Odd that you are apparently responding to his comments when the statement that I picked you up on in this thread wasn't in response to a comment from Rabbits 20 in this thread at all.

Nice little attempt to try and label my response as "sooking" to discredit it when you can't form a logical argument to what I've said though. That's a nice touch.

I gave you a logical argument. There was no comment made by Rabbits 20 about Bryson Goodwin in this thread and yet you brought him up. That's flat out bullying mate, end of story.

Funny how you've stepped up this attempt to "peg" me after a couple of your rumours get proven wrong, hey? Maybe this little outburst is less about my behaviour and more about you feeling a little insecure?

No need to be so defensive mate. They're only words. I'm not trying to kill your first born or anything.

I couldn't care less about your feelings about me. Nor do I care about how you feel about Rabbits 20 or any other subject for that matter. You two want to go somewhere and swing hand bags about it, go for your life.

I'm here to moderate this forum and make sure everyone sticks to forum rules and that is what I'm doing. You are breaking the rules specifically in regards to online bullying and you need to stop or you will be made to stop. Simple as that.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
There was no comment made by Rabbits 20 about Bryson Goodwin in this thread and yet you brought him up. That's flat out bullying mate, end of story.

I'm here to moderate this forum and make sure everyone sticks to forum rules and that is what I'm doing. You are breaking the rules specifically in regards to online bullying and you need to stop or you will be made to stop. Simple as that.
Disagreeing with someone and pointing out the flaws in something they say isn't bullying.

It takes a very thin skinned, insecure person to take that as a personal attack.

R20s comments about Bryson Goodwin weren't brought up by me, nor were they first attributed to him by me. He acknowledged it.

You're trying to label disagreeing with someone as "bullying" and that's just silly.

If you're going to share an opinion online, you should be able to handle people disagreeing with it.

If you can't, you either shouldn't post it or you should ignore the responses you don't like. Not try to shut down people for daring to question you and deny them the right to a opinion.

What kind of atmosphere is that creating for the forum?

I'm sure a lot of people will want to join when they find out they aren't allowed to disagree with certain people because they might get upset.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
You two keep going out of your way to accuse me of being someone else who used to question the bullshit. Plenty of other people on here have said this kid does this any time people question him.

Maybe if multiple people keep having the same issues with one person, those multiple people aren't the problem?

Maybe a much more logical way of dealing with this would be to tell him, "if you're going to post questionable content, you need to be prepared to have people question said content and be mature enough to accept that not everyone will believe and/or agree with you" because that's what's going to happen in every other aspect of life.

People will hold you accountable for things you say.

You aren't doing anyone any favours by coddling them on here.

To be fair to Rabbits 20. he hasn't complained about you at all. I'm pretty sure he has you on ignore and so he can't see anything that you post anyway.

You carry on like you are some online evangelist calling someone out and fighting the good fight and in reality your main target has no idea what you are going on about as he can't see your posts.

Then I come along and tell you that you are doing the wrong thing and you try to make it personal and fail. Then you try to carry on like the whole forum is against you when it isn't.

All the while you're too thick to realise that I'm trying to do you a favor...

Go and have a look at the forum rules, specifically regarding bullying. Then have a look at the rules around moderation and you'll see that rules are enforced here based on moderator discretion. Basically, what that means is that if I tell you you're doing the wrong thing, then you are doing the wrong thing. If you have a problem with that, feel free to write a complaint email to the listed address or you can always report this post and write your issues in the report. Admins will have a look at it all and act accordingly and impartially.

Otherwise I won't be talking about this in the open forum any further as this is not what the forum is about. For the record, if you complain any further about this in the open forum here I will delete those posts as well. I've given you your options on how to proceed appropriately and I suggest you pick one of those if you wish to carry this on.