What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield Line Up Announced

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'm not an old school stickler, but I reckon the Charity Shield is good day to waer the Red V

Damn straight, but they figure if they can make a buck or 2 out of it why not. If they're gonna be making up jerseys every year just do it for the ANZAC match, I'd love to see all the jerseys we've worn

SaintTPP

First Grade
Immortal said:
I'm not an old school stickler, but I reckon the Charity Shield is good day to waer the Red V

Damn straight, but they figure if they can make a buck or 2 out of it why not. If they're gonna be making up jerseys every year just do it for the ANZAC match, I'd love to see all the jerseys we've worn
Who cares how many jerseys we wear each year, there are alot but if that means keeping our Red V, then I'm all for it. We have kept the V for a long time and will for many years to come and thats all that matters.

I would rather the club do this and make jerseys for Heritage matches, Anzac days, Charity Sheild etc thatn to change our Jersey every 2 years like the Sharks do and some other clubs.

We can have one without the other.

As far as I know we make peanuts from these one offs. They're just grooming us for the Steeler jersey that's coming...

aussie_londoner

Juniors
As far as I know we make peanuts from these one offs. They're just grooming us for the Steeler jersey that's coming...

ive never got into the steeler v dragons thing before. but i would be devastated if we lost the red v.

we would lose so much identity if that ever happened, and i think we would be worse off for it

drake

First Grade
Daithi O'Conaill said:
We can have one without the other.

I dunno about peanuts, even if only 1000 of these sell it's still $100k.
But is that worth the cost of manufacture? Must be, because they churn 'em out every year.
We will never lose the Red V, it is a marketing monster. The sales figures are still great, especially for jersey that has barely changed in 40 or 50 years. Other teams change their design every couple of seasons and still struggle to match the big Red V. If they do install something else,it's time for a unusually heavy sports bag to appear in the boardroom.
I'm not sure about the Steelers jersey, maybe they will push it as the away jersey (all 3 or so times it's worn.) I've never been a fan of Where's Wally, i know it's traditional (so's arranged marriage) but I grew up with the Red V, it's what everyone associates with Saints, anything else is a fill in.
If they can't wear the red V due to NRL rules/ need to sell more jerseys, may as well give the Stanleys a consolation prize IMHO.

And then we can give Daithi back the f**ken socks. ;-) :lol: