What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield stats

alien

Referee
I'm not sure Shadow. Does Kelly have a better long kicking game than Sutton and Walker?

Rabbits20

Immortal
why would souths put an unproven half back into a 1st grade side with no game time ever at souths whom has never led the boys around the park yet in an actual NRL Round Game?its ILLOGICAL thinking....... sutton at 5/8 and walker at half back is the most logical and safest choice just ask R20 he knows....Shadow...
I hope so.

You make very good points Shadow.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I'm not sure Shadow. Does Kelly have a better long kicking game than Sutton and Walker?
He's got a decent long kicking game. Seen it up close and personal, used to be a blessing in hot conditions up here getting us a handful of 40-20s a game. He Just has never had a prolonged stint in 1st grade to fine tune it. Farah will take pressure off. Both Walker and Sutton have serviceable short kicking games, but both have pretty poor long kicking game.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
R20 likes this post below it does make sense::
why would souths put an unproven half back into a 1st grade side with no game time ever at souths whom has never led the boys around the park yet in an actual NRL Round Game?its ILLOGICAL thinking....... sutton at 5/8 and walker at half back is the most logical and safest choice just ask R20 he knows....Shadow...

rabbitohs95

Bench
I believe Sutto has a very solid long kicking game.
It's not bad. Look if there was another option besides Kelly I wouldn't mind it'd be Sutto, his aura around the team is something very special. If it means we get to see another forward get a spot on the bench too, especially a new guy, I'd be all for it. I'm just a bit worried that he's a bit slow for 5/8 now.

I still think we can beat the Tigers, mainly because Farah offers a good kicking game from dummy half we can rely on. The rest of our team is pretty fit too so hopefully they can get the two points and shut the cocky Tigers supporters up at least until we play them again.

alien

Referee
only if our forward pack goes well. the burgess boys need to fire up and not drop the ball

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's not bad. Look if there was another option besides Kelly I wouldn't mind it'd be Sutto, his aura around the team is something very special. If it means we get to see another forward get a spot on the bench too, especially a new guy, I'd be all for it. I'm just a bit worried that he's a bit slow for 5/8 now.

I still think we can beat the Tigers, mainly because Farah offers a good kicking game from dummy half we can rely on. The rest of our team is pretty fit too so hopefully they can get the two points and shut the cocky Tigers supporters up at least until we play them again.
There will be a lot of feeling in it.

I think Farah is going to have a massive one.

Problem is GI, Farah and Sam can't do it all themselves. Others must lift and follow.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Interestingly Kelly has 47 NRL games and I'd say all would probably have been at half back.
Cody and cook have a combined 46 NRL games and have played across a variety of positions.
I'm starting to think he is the right option.
He was never going to get much game time behind Cronk at Melbourne but maybe he has learnt a lot from the Melbourne experience.
We don't need him to be flash.....just guide the team round the park and Kick well.
He'll have Sutton and Farrah on the field to provide direction.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Interestingly Kelly has 47 NRL games and I'd say all would probably have been at half back.
Cody and cook have a combined 46 NRL games and have played across a variety of positions.
He was never going to get much game time behind Cronk at Melbourne but maybe he has learnt a lot from the Melbourne experience.
We don't need him to be flash.....just guide the team round the park and Kick well.
It's pretty much the exact situation that you would buy Kelly for.
He's not the most talented halfback, but he has lasted longer in the NRL then more talented halfbacks because he works with the coaches and knows his role. He is a good performer at nsw cup level but never made he step up to nrl full time. Even at Melbourne storm he was highly rated as a lower grader in Maguire's time there.he was captain of the 2009 premiership winning Toyota cup team (and man of the match in the gf)in a team that included browmich, O'Neill, proctor, Rochow, widdop, McLean and duffie. I know that Souths have tried to get him in past as a back up.

callmack1

Staff member
Great post

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cook will be on the bench.

Goodwin will definitely get the nod, he will be goal kicking too. It's a no brainer. Goodwin was always going to be selected for round 1. If you can't see this you must be on another planet.

I'm 100percent confident Cook and Goodwin will be there.

But Kelly is a dud isn't he ?
Goodwin will get the spot and be kicking and Kelly won't play
Ask - and - they know they will tell you
Personally I'd like Kelly to have a chance and also Burns ( wing ) and Goodwin Centre ( no talaki just yet ) and hunt and aj