What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield v Dragons on Sun 19th Feb @ ANZ

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
I'm stirring mate;is it trolling these days???? Actually,Cook went well--he's a worthwhile utility player but I would be encouraging Farah to play 80 mins!! Therefore,I don't reckon Cook should be in the 17.

Doyen we dont have enough real 1st grade quality forwards to have on a (4 forwards only bench)we only have 3 maximum real 1st grade bench forwards at best at souths in 1st grade for 2017....id rather drop a dud forward such as clark or tyrrell than to lose cook from the bench to make up the new farah/cook hooker/lock combo....Shadow and SSTID Knows....

southsport

First Grade
Doyen we dont have enough real 1st grade quality forwards to have on a (4 forwards only bench)we only have 3 maximum real 1st grade bench forwards at best at souths in 1st grade for 2017....id rather drop a dud forward such as clark or tyrrell than to lose cook from the bench to make up the new farah/cook hooker/lock combo....Shadow and SSTID Knows....

Tyrrell and Clark didn't drop the ball like Tom and George.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
southy is stirring lol oi r20 do an nrl poll and see if clark/tyrrell are better players than gburgi and tburgi as a duo oh boy that southy is looking for cookie points lately lol@southy ....Shadow Knows Southy is being silly lol

southsport

First Grade
southy is stirring lol oi r20 do an nrl poll and see if clark/tyrrell are better players than gburgi and tburgi as a duo oh boy that southy is looking for cookie points lately lol@southy ....Shadow Knows Southy is being silly lol

Can't afford to have butterfingers in the side.

Rabbits20

Immortal
hunt/jennings centre combo should be given a chance as r20 says talakai is too slow to be a centre well jennings is fast and my top 5 has not changed from my top 17 team list its inevitable i believe but i know gray will force his way back in to the centres to partner hunt when fit;

1.inglis
2.johnston
3.hunt
4.jennings
5.burns
Jennings had a poor defensive read yesterday and came in. BRYSON somehow retreated sideways and made a great one on one try saving tackle.

Jennings the week before missed a one on one tackle and came in too far, he let in 2 tries.

Jennings has disappointed me so far.

I'd go with BRYSON. He is the right choice.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I would laugh if Madge leaves Burns out and went with:

1. GI
2. AJ
3. Hunt
4. Talakai
5. GOODWIN

I'd find it funny as we'd all be wrong. Remember Burns is dodgy under the high ball.

But surely Madge will have him there.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Did you see a turtle run down a 5/8 from behind?
View attachment 11443
He had a couple of good plays.

But as I've already said I thought he was ordinary. He gave a silly penalty away.

He freezes when he picks up the ball. His pacing game is not crisp. He doesn't know how to control the ruck. He is pedestrian and I'm much happier with the 2 we have.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think Talakai and Jennings are still a bit raw for the centre position. Burns did well on the wing and its easier to put a kid on the wing than in the centres.

Goodwin to centre for mine until Gray returns.

As for McInnes he did alright in a well beaten side. Showed some decent skills by setting up their first try and some good effort by stopping a runaway Walker, but was a bit undisciplined. I do think he'll have a much better year so long as his forwards aim up.

As for our hookers I'm happy with both Farah and Cook, I think they compliment each other nicely.

betcats

Referee
Jennings had a poor defensive read yesterday and came in. BRYSON somehow retreated sideways and made a great one on one try saving tackle.

Jennings the week before missed a one on one tackle and came in too far, he let in 2 tries.

Jennings has disappointed me so far.

I'd go with BRYSON. He is the right choice.

As most Penrith fans have said, Burns is a better prospect than Jennings. Jennings had a lot of injuries during his nyc days and onwards so I always held back my judgement but I never saw what made him so special other than his last name, he is talented but not close to Michael and he seems to have the same lazy attitude as Michael. Burns was our number one NYC centre last season and I read the other day he prefers FB. I think he is talented enough that once GI is gone/retired Burns may be the favourite to replace him. Anyway I rate burns obviously and was disappointed to lose him but its the right move for him, he was going to be well down the pecking order this season at Penrith had he stayed. I will look forward to seeing him develop for you guys.

callmack1

Staff member
After yesterday's awesome performance, this is my side for round 1.

1. Inglis (c)
2. Johnston
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin
5. Burns
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. G.Burgess
9. Fatah
10. Musgrove
11. Turner
12. Sutton
13. S. Burgess

14. Cook
15. Clark
16. Crichton
17. T. Burgess

I'm now convinced that Cook should be there. I think the positives outweigh the negatives. Madge may have conditioned the twins to play more minutes too.

It was hard to leave Rochow out but Clark was solid so I went with him.

Crichton must be there on the bench and of course Tom will be.

Burns has also earned a spot. Talaki was good but I've got Goodwin there purely on experience.

doyen

Bench
After yesterday's awesome performance, this is my side for round 1.

1. Inglis (c)
2. Johnston
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin
5. Burns
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. G.Burgess
9. Fatah
10. Musgrove
11. Turner
12. Sutton
13. S. Burgess

14. Cook
15. Clark
16. Crichton
17. T. Burgess

I'm now convinced that Cook should be there. I think the positives outweigh the negatives. Madge may have conditioned the twins to play more minutes too.

It was hard to leave Rochow out but Clark was solid so I went with him.

Crichton must be there on the bench and of course Tom will be.

Burns has also earned a spot. Talaki was good but I've got Goodwin there purely on experience.

That's a very good side--but as much as I like Goodwin, & have been a strong supporter of him,I would go for Talakai ---he has done pretty well;I would be inclined to encourage him at this stage!

Pommy

Coach
I suggested it in a thread about prediction for 2017. I felt that at some point George will play reserve grade this year. People called me crazy. People still give him the benefit of the doubt, but if things stay as they are I think that'll change.

I guess it depends on how Madge is asking them to play their game. If he is telling them to try and just barge through the opposition like a battering ram then I think some dropped balls have to be expected. If they are just running like at opposition as hard as they can and dropping it all off their own backs then absolutely a trip to northern maybe in order.
It does seem to be madges style of play to run as hard at the opposition as possible and it doesn't work.
I know in the stadium you could hear the difference between a George run and any other player on the park.