What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity shield

Pommy

Coach
Does anyone else think the charity shield should be moved to Allianz.
Neutral ground for both teams.
It's played on a Saturday afternoon so getting there shouldn't be an issue.
There's a load of bars and pubs fairly close by so people can make a day of it and have a few beers in the sun before and after the game.
Smaller venue would allow an atmosphere to build and could be a much better start to the season.
We're contracted to play a game their anyway so perhaps we could swap a random game that doesn't matter to this one.

callmack1

Staff member
There's a load of bars and pubs fairly close by so people can make a day of it and have a few beers in the sun before and after the game.
Smaller venue would allow an atmosphere to build and could be a much better start to the season.
We're contracted to play a game their anyway so perhaps we could swap a random game that doesn't matter to this one.
Not a bad idea tbh.

I know we have a game during the regular season but perhaps the Charity Sheild could be played at the SCG. It would be cool.

Pommy

Coach
Not a bad idea tbh.

I know we have a game during the regular season but perhaps the Charity Sheild could be played at the SCG. It would be cool.

I did think that but it's at the tail end of the season and they might not like a load of oiks tearing the pitch up. I would prefer the SCG though.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I can't stand Allianz anymore.

It's a run down rabble.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I did think that but it's at the tail end of the season and they might not like a load of oiks tearing the pitch up. I would prefer the SCG though.
At the SCG when I've been there it's a garbage place for viewing.

At level 1 at ANZ I'm close to the action.

On level 1 at the SCG it's too far back from the field.

No need to move it from ANZ.

Pommy

Coach
I can't stand Allianz anymore.

It's a run down rabble.

Lol ANZ chief apologist in the house. Maybe you don't see a reason as you've got no mates to go out drinking with and make a day of it?

Even at ANZ your miles away I will conced SCG is furth but it has historical significance.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Lol ANZ chief apologist in the house. Maybe you don't see a reason as you've got no mates to go out drinking with and make a day of it?

Even at ANZ your miles away I will conced SCG is furth but it has historical significance.
I don't get on the drink as often as I used too. It's a waste of money.

If that's your reason for going to the footy that's pretty shallow.

I feel close to the action at ANZ. I'm used to it as are most.

We have a strong base out west too and ANZ is the perfect place for us and as Richo has said, it will be our home ground for many many seasons too come.

ANZ is a central location for our members overall.

Pommy

Coach
I don't get on the drink as often as I used too. It's a waste of money.

If that's your reason for going to the footy that's pretty shallow.

I feel close to the action at ANZ. I'm used to it as are most.

We have a strong base out west too and ANZ is the perfect place for us and as Richo has said, it will be our home ground for many many seasons too come.

ANZ is a central location for our members overall.

But the question isn't about moving home it's about a single game which has two sets of fans. So ANZ isn't central to Wollongong at all.
You got me I'm totally shallow for wanting to make a day of the footy and enjoy it with my mates, you nailed me there.
You feel close but your not close, not nearly as close as you would be at Allianz

Rabbits20

Immortal
But the question isn't about moving home it's about a single game which has two sets of fans. So ANZ isn't central to Wollongong at all.
You got me I'm totally shallow for wanting to make a day of the footy and enjoy it with my mates, you nailed me there.
You feel close but your not close, not nearly as close as you would be at Allianz
Bugger the Merge members/fans I can't stand them. Just like the tiger tards, bugger em.

I think the Charity Shield is our home match every season now. It's been that way the last couple of seasons. Of course though we do the reciprocal rights agreement.

Ah lol, he finally admits I nailed him. You've just earnt some respect from me.

The only good thing for me with Allianz is you're closer to the action. The rest of it I strongly dislike.

I enjoy the isolated, calm surrounds of ANZ. Perfect location dearest Pommy lol.

Pommy

Coach
Bugger the Merge members/fans I can't stand them. Just like the tiger tards, bugger em.

I think the Charity Shield is our home match every season now. It's been that way the last couple of seasons. Of course though we do the reciprocal rights agreement.

Ah lol, he finally admits I nailed him. You've just earnt some respect from me.

The only good thing for me with Allianz is you're closer to the action. The rest of it I strongly dislike.

I enjoy the isolated, calm surrounds of ANZ. Perfect location dearest Pommy lol.

You are literally too stupid to insult.

What else matters at the game? You want to sit further away from the action for what reason?

Rabbits20

Immortal
You are literally too stupid to insult.

What else matters at the game? You want to sit further away from the action for what reason?
Lmao, I've triggered Pommy.

Oh it's funny alien.

On another note, Shadow is quiet tonight.

ANZ is just the right package for me. Much better undercover seating too, better facilities, Central location, very good atmosphere if you are on levels 1 and 2. I just pretend that the higher levels aren't there. Maybe you should try so Pommy.

ANZ just feels like home now and I'm sure you'd agree alien????? It just feels comfortable.

Latest posts