What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity shield

DiegoNT

First Grade
Between all-stars and 9s, plus long international tours (4n went into november), it's hard to get all players back for trials

alien

Referee
I wish there wasn't the All Stars game. It means our players have 1 less trial where they can all play together, because it's on the same weekend as one of our trial games. We already have Indigenous Round where the teams wear Indigenous jerseys. Having the All Stars game is over doing it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I wish there wasn't the All Stars game. It means our players have 1 less trial where they can all play together, because it's on the same weekend as one of our trial games. We already have Indigenous Round where the teams wear Indigenous jerseys. Having the All Stars game is over doing it.
Plus it's a worry that in such a high intense match that our players could get injured.

Pommy

Coach

Don't worry looking at the world all star team this year it's clear they're trying to kill the game off. Aussie some stars of differing backgrounds is what it should be called.

callmack1

Staff member
Don't worry looking at the world all star team this year it's clear they're trying to kill the game off. Aussie some stars of differing backgrounds is what it should be called.
Yea this will probably be one of the last.

It used to be awesome but has kind of lost it's meaning now.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Things i wouldnt mind seeing in charity shield.
- greg inglis sitting the game out, with allstars the week before and it being a world cup year he's schedule is packed. Would like aj to have a full game at fullback as he is the most likely replacement. That would mean burns and goodwin have a shootout on the wings for the empty wing spot for rd1. In the second half either goodwin comes off or moves into the centres to give jennings a try on the wing.

- Reynolds to have a half so he can get a run under his belt. The give kelly a go in the 2nd half.

-rochow to start in the 2nd row. Come off after 20, give talaki, chricton, turner and gozzi a go before he comes back on with stint in the middle. If sam plays I'd like rochow to replace him for the last stint in the game.

-cook 1st half, dietz 2nd half. Cook to have some time in the halves in the 2nd half.

-tyrell starts at prop. Looks fit and deserves a chance to prove himself. Plenty of prop rotation