What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chelsea F.C. III: The Age of Antonio

Haffa

I'm writing this in the midst of a joint Chelsea/Arsenal "We hate T*ttenham" singsong on the ride from Wembley Central to Paddington.

Jimbo

Immortal
Not our day. Looked a clear handball AND offside. But that's football.

Yep

We were shit in the first half. It would be easy to say Moses cost is the game, but he probably cost us a decent chance of coming back

Hopefully this gives Arsene a lifeline ;)

Jimbo

Immortal
Aston Villa have signed former Chelsea and England captain John Terry.

The 36-year-old defender, whose contract at Stamford Bridge expired on 30 June, has signed a one-year deal with the Championship club.

Terry said he turned down offers to carry on playing in the Premier League for more money because he did not want to play against Chelsea.

Class act.

As with Lamps it will be strange watching JT go around in another shirt, but that's football these days. And as with Lamps, whatever happens he will still be revered at the Bridge All the best to him

Watch us draw Villa in both cups now...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40476873

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well, to be fair you could substitute the word "win" for "bought"

it does seem odd for a young Spanish kid to make such a statement, I expect that his signing has influenced his decision

good luck to him

Haffa

well, to be fair you could substitute the word "win" for "bought"

it does seem odd for a young Spanish kid to make such a statement, I expect that his signing has influenced his decision

good luck to him

I bet City wishes you could just buy them.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I bet City wishes you could just buy them.

Well Pep is doing his best, 396 mill since he got there and I reckon he will break the 400 soon enough, but really should have achieved more trophies.

Now Milan are doing the same thing, after years of mediocrity Berlu sold out to a Chinese sugar daddy and spent about 150mill so far on players. Not sure whether I like this or not, so used to Spurs achieving what they have done on a negative spend which is obviously a huge achievement and now another team I follow does the sugar daddy thing.

Be good to see them move up the ladder again but I think Poch's achievements are much greater, having said that I will always still follow Milan. I guess once you follow a team you have to take the good with the bad,

Haffa

I don't know how coming into money can be considered 'the bad'. You can have all the money in the world but if you don't invest it correctly it won't make a difference.

Spurs have punched above their weight for a few years but they've yet to win anything. How much longer will finishing Top 4 be considered an acceptable achievement?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know how coming into money can be considered 'the bad'. You can have all the money in the world but if you don't invest it correctly it won't make a difference.

Spurs have punched above their weight for a few years but they've yet to win anything. How much longer will finishing Top 4 be considered an acceptable achievement?

with a zero net spend I would think its a huge achievement, considering even the relegated teams have a positive net spend, it wont continue tho but thats just an opinion. If we dont spend in this TW, we will go backwards particularly in UCL, we simply do not have quality depth to compete at this level twice a week

when you look at Citihad you gotta ask why did we ever think FFP was going to make any difference, last year their income was similar to ours yet they are up to 230 million as of yesterday

Mong

Post Whore
Are the Chelsea fans still pretending there is no issue with Costa?

Hahaha