What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chelsea F.C. III: The Age of Antonio

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I'd say if we were at home we would have approached it differently. Both Wigan and yourselves beat them at home they beat you 5-0 at the Etihad.

No denying Tactics have been a bit off all season.
Yeah I doubt we'd see a performance like that at the bridge. Just thought you guys would have a little more fight and punch in you. Conte seems like a fighter type personality and you guys basically rolled over and let city have a training run in front of you.

They've slaughtered aides but realised they didn't have to do a whole lot to get the 3 points against a fellow rival.

I've seen performances like that from us and it's the worst way to lose by not even trying really.

I'm sure you'll be the complete opposite at the bridge when we arrive to play you.

saint.nick

Coach
I'd say if we were at home we would have approached it differently. Both Wigan and yourselves beat them at home they beat you 5-0 at the Etihad.

No denying Tactics have been a bit off all season.

This is another cop-out though, being away from home shouldn't drastically change the way in which to approach City as they ultimately play virtually the same way every game anyway. It seems you're trying to use Liverpool's 5-0 defeat to prove why you shouldn't attack City at the Etihad, except the game was very even before Mane's red card, and that moment, quite easily, could have otherwise been an equalising goal. City have already won the league precisely because almost all of their opponents have been unable to lay a glove on their quite average defence, yet you're sitting here asserting that making an almost non-existent effort to test their defence - despite having some very good attacking talent - is the way to go...

Haffa

Yeah I doubt we'd see a performance like that at the bridge. Just thought you guys would have a little more fight and punch in you. Conte seems like a fighter type personality and you guys basically rolled over and let city have a training run in front of you.

They've slaughtered aides but realised they didn't have to do a whole lot to get the 3 points against a fellow rival.

I've seen performances like that from us and it's the worst way to lose by not even trying really.

I'm sure you'll be the complete opposite at the bridge when we arrive to play you.
Yeah I was baffled by the non selection of a striker again which left Hazard isolated and forcing Predro to pass though a press. I felt we could have at least pushed them and it was another single mistake from Andreas that proved costly.

Idk I guess its a down year again.

Mong

Post Whore
This is another cop-out though, being away from home shouldn't drastically change the way in which to approach City as they ultimately play virtually the same way every game anyway. It seems you're trying to use Liverpool's 5-0 defeat to prove why you shouldn't attack City at the Etihad, except the game was very even before Mane's red card, and that moment, quite easily, could have otherwise been an equalising goal. City have already won the league precisely because almost all of their opponents have been unable to lay a glove on their quite average defence, yet you're sitting here asserting that making an almost non-existent effort to test their defence - despite having some very good attacking talent - is the way to go...

Haffa, you should punch the manager in the face....

Haffa

Not defending the tactics or performance as it was poor but since the game we've learnt Ngolo Kante collapsed at training and then they learnt news of Davide Astori's death right before KO which given the amount of Italians who were involved in the NT (and in the case of Alonso players who'd played with him) at the Club is something not to dismiss easily.

Haffa

4 mistakes at this level is 3 too many. Fine margins again. Not beating worst Barca & Arsenal team for years is either frustrating or just a fair picture of where we are at the moment.

Haffa

Suarez is amusing. Any contact and he goes down. Shame it seems to have creeped into Messi’s game too.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
looks like we'll be playing you guys without Harry, he was due for his annual injury hiatus anyway

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose thats a positive although for Englands sake he'd better be fit. Son is on fire though.

yeh, he just seems to be getting better and better, very different players tho, Son likes the counter attack and open spaces and Harry is a sharp shooter who is good in crowded areas and no where near as much pace as Son

Haffa

yeh, he just seems to be getting better and better, very different players tho, Son likes the counter attack and open spaces and Harry is a sharp shooter who is good in crowded areas and no where near as much pace as Son
Reminds me of Willian. Will be the one you'll need to look out for he's in peak form.

saint.nick

Coach
4 mistakes at this level is 3 too many. Fine margins again. Not beating worst Barca & Arsenal team for years is either frustrating or just a fair picture of where we are at the moment.
I think you had your hopes of Beating Barca up way too high

Haffa

Thanks captain hindsight. Might go and find a 14 year olds face to spit at for my sins.

saint.nick

Coach
Thanks captain hindsight. Might go and find a 14 year olds face to spit at for my sins.
Don't forget the black people on trains. Nor the Jews.

Lol I come in here for decent talk and all you ever wanna do is pick petulant fights. You're better than that.

I told you before the game that your hopes were too high so you clearly don't understand how hindsight works.