What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chinese Restraunt behind George Street Cinema (Hoyts)

Generalzod

Immortal
Who remembers the name of the Chinese Restraunt that was situated behind the George street cinema, you paid just $5 for all you can eat..

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yep the York St Lantern, I remember when it was originally in York St when it was $2 for all you could eat. Apart from when it moved to behind Hoyts they also had another one in King St for a while too opposite the Theatre Royal.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I remember that well. Poor uni student who loved to eat there. Anythign that offered a cheap buffet was always appreciated

And that the Eros Theater in Chinatown used to give us a student discount on entry if we showed our uni student cards. Dirty old men. You never sat in that place. Just watched the discount show....

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Used to walk out of the place full especially when it was behind Hoyts, used to love their chicken pieces in black bean sauce, loaded my plate up with that, after having their soup of course, which was either chicken and corn or mushroom or even sometimes wonton soup and of course it wouldn't be a smorgasbord with out chips :D