What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Benoit and Family Found Dead

Once Dead

Bench
Hanscholo said:
Wow...I cant believe i am just learning this now. I have been a WWE fan for a long time, but i take long breaks from it. I cant believe what i have been reading. I feel for all of the people involved, not only for his wife and child but for chris, his mental state to do such a thing must have been just terrible.

I hear you......it's sad that such a tragedy is simply forgotten, let's just hope they learn from this (as evidenced by the Wellness suspensions).

Stonecutter

First Grade
Impellitteri said:
I hear you......it's sad that such a tragedy is simply forgotten, let's just hope they learn from this (as evidenced by the Wellness suspensions).

It's tough from a viewers point of view with so many people getting sacked and suspended for months at a time, but if it's making the WWE cleaner as a whole, I'm all for it.

Hopefully Eddie and Chris's deaths (although deeply sadening) can save many young people in the industry from the same fate.

IanG

Coach
Yeah I agree stonecutter. Been too many as it is (stating the obvious I know) I never hear of work place authorities getting involved in this industry but if this happened in any other line of work they'd be over it like a rash

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's a sickeningly demanding line of work. I mean people abg the crap out of Cena, but you have to realise - the guy was carrying the company and has been for a while now. The WWE needs to stop relying on 3 champions to carry the entire company, or things will get worse.

^^^ I agree. The workload is massive. Tapings and house shows, plus PPVs = guaranteed injuries, depression and trajedy. Its a disaster waiting, and constantly, to happen.

And I agree with Cena. Its not his fault the booking team (cough JPL and Steph, cough) are pushing him to Mars and back, killing his character and destroying what was an solid performer. He puts in the effor, can cut a promo, but has f**k all to do and cant wrestle for sh*t.

What they need to do with Cena is turn him heel and let him work with Jericho. That would = gold.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Who could forget Jericho and Benoit applying a Crippler Crossface and Walls of Jericho at the same time in a tag match.

Those were the days *sigh*

Misanthrope

Staff member
He puts in the effor, can cut a promo, but has f**k all to do and cant wrestle for sh*t.

Cena's early work was great. He's been misused ever since he got his ME push.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I reckon Cenais maybe not the greatest most technically gifted wrestler out there, but he puts on a much, much better show than hacks like Snitsky...Plus he has charisma and can cut a mean promo.

But yeah - Benoit may not have been a champion in his later stages, but as a marquee superstar his workload must have been disturbingly high.

Hanscholo

Bench
Are the wellness suspensions the reason why so many WWE stats are missing atm or is that just simply injuries?

PARANoIR

Bench
Eelementary said:
I reckon Cenais maybe not the greatest most technically gifted wrestler out there, but he puts on a much, much better show than hacks like Snitsky...Plus he has charisma and can cut a mean promo.

But yeah - Benoit may not have been a champion in his later stages, but as a marquee superstar his workload must have been disturbingly high.

Watch his earlier matches against guys like Angle and Jericho and you will see that Cena is quite technically sound.

I'm not fan of Cena either, btw.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Are the wellness suspensions the reason why so many WWE stats are missing atm or is that just simply injuries?

Injuries. I don't think anyone is out on a Wellness Suspension at the moment

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
PARANoIR said:
Watch his earlier matches against guys like Angle and Jericho and you will see that Cena is quite technically sound.

Has anyone (i dont really know why i quoted you Para) seen Cena's work in OVW?
Theres a match on YT against Orton, right before Orton got pushed to the WWE main roster. I cant remember what Cena was called, but he had a diffferent ring-name, like it wasn't a persons name it...gah this will be bugging me till i remember

Game_Breaker

Coach
DeGenerationXnWo said:
Has anyone (i dont really know why i quoted you Para) seen Cena's work in OVW?
Theres a match on YT against Orton, right before Orton got pushed to the WWE main roster. I cant remember what Cena was called, but he had a diffferent ring-name, like it wasn't a persons name it...gah this will be bugging me till i remember

The Prototype?

Eelementary

Post Whore
PARANoIR said:

I'm indifferent to him - but I do realise he has had to bear a huge workload carrying the company.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Misanthrope said:
Injuries. I don't think anyone is out on a Wellness Suspension at the moment

Wasn't Booker T on a 60 day suspension before he decided to leave and go to TNA?

MSKnight

Juniors
Yeh he did something wrong but I cant remember, like didnt go along with the storyline of the Match.