What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Gayle labelled a 'creep' with a track record of disrespected female journalists

ANTiLAG

First Grade
It's a typo - reporter meant to say "get"...

That does not work?

I just cannot help but think to myself that this is not the facts to push for on an anti-sexism drive in the entertainment business of sports reporting.

Last edited:

billygilmore

Juniors
This shit is f**ken ridiculous, Mel is making living of sexism. Ask yourself would she have her job is she was 40kgs heavier, hell would she have her job if she was 150kgs heavier and a magdna subanski look a like. I would say sexism is alive and well but not cause of men, more because of disinterested, uninformed moronic bimbos that think there delisoulsly tanned thighs, oversized tits and cutesy " oh you ha ha ha" attidudes can take them to the top over more intelligent people. The media is totally f**ken pathetic in all its forms, i just wish people would open there eyes to it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That does not work?

I just cannot help but think to myself that this is not the facts to push for on an anti-sexism drive in the entertainment business of sports reporting.

Don't worry about it.

I often forget how subtle my brilliance is.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
This shit is f**ken ridiculous, Mel is making living of sexism. Ask yourself would she have her job is she was 40kgs heavier, hell would she have her job if she was 150kgs heavier and a magdna subanski look a like. I would say sexism is alive and well but not cause of men, more because of disinterested, uninformed moronic bimbos that think there delisoulsly tanned thighs, oversized tits and cutesy " oh you ha ha ha" attidudes can take them to the top over more intelligent people. The media is totally f**ken pathetic in all its forms, i just wish people would open there eyes to it.

oh the irony

ANTiLAG

First Grade
If Chris Gayle's antics were worthy of shock horror, throw him out of the country, what a disgusting bloke type comments then surely the guy from Sunrise has to go;

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...e/news-story/d817c5690b16fa376c005f1ea4f2a33a

Actually, I think Ms Aussie Universe has demonstrated to Ms Mel McLaughlin a better way to have handled Gayle, when encountering much worse (if you're so minded to think that affectionate physical contact is worse than compliments of nice eyes and expressing hope for a drink).

I still maintain that Ms McLaughlin could have handled the Gayle situation far better and not let it get "awkward".

Last edited:
Actually, I think Ms Aussie Universe has demonstrated to Ms Mel McLaughlin a better way to have handled Gayle, when encountering much worse (if you're so minded to think that affectionate physical contact is worse than compliments of nice eyes and expressing hope for a drink).

I still maintain that Ms McLaughlin could have handled the Gayle situation far better and not let it get "awkward".

Yes, it's Mel we should be blaming.
:roll:

no name

Coach

Yes, she shouldn't have let an awkward situation get awkward.
She should have made the impression that she was comfortable in being made uncomfortable.

McLaughlin did exactly what she is paid to do, ask cricket players about cricket.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Yes, it's Mel we should be blaming.
:roll:

Well, if you're like me and many other people who have no issue with what Gayle did, and found the interview awkward with Mel's only response being "I'm not blushing", then yeah. Mel said herself she was out surprised by Gayle. Some mere flattery put her out of her depth.

But even those who found Gayle "sexist" have expressed their disappointment in Mel's reaction.

Ms Aussie Universe encounters a co-worker being touchy feelie and handles the situation without it escalating to awkward.

Then the two appear on camera together where he apologises to her because there is a social media outrage and she basically tells social media that they're over reacting and she never gave the incident a second thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk7VV6CHlfY

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Yes, she shouldn't have let an awkward situation get awkward.
She should have made the impression that she was comfortable in being made uncomfortable.

McLaughlin did exactly what she is paid to do, ask cricket players about cricket.

She should not have let a situation that she may have found awkward, to being more awkward. I've been through many suggestions on what she could have done, they're back about 5 pages, I'm happy to engage with them, but I'm not repeating them now.

But I further say that Mel should not have been so uncomfortable with a compliment from someone being interviewed. Gayle did exactly what the law of a free country allows him to do, compliment a pretty girl and invite her for a drink.

And before you bring up her workplace, I repeat, they're not co-workers at the same employer. He is not her boss. Asking someone out once and complimenting them is not sexual harassment.

Last edited:

no name

Coach
Well, if you're like me and many other people who have no issue with what Gayle did, and found the interview awkward with Mel's only response being "I'm not blushing", then yeah. Mel said herself she was out surprised by Gayle. Some mere flattery put her out of her depth.

But even those who found Gayle "sexist" have expressed their disappointment in Mel's reaction.

Ms Aussie Universe encounters a co-worker being touchy feelie and handles the situation without it escalating to awkward.

Then the two appear on camera together where he apologises to her because there is a social media outrage and she basically tells social media that they're over reacting and she never gave the incident a second thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk7VV6CHlfY

Does NZ have a different definition of awkward?

Just because Gayle didn't do anything wrong or people overreacted to his comments doesn't mean that McLaughlin did something wrong.

She publicly accepted his apology and said people should move on from it.
What else do you think she should do?