What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Grevsmuhl

davi

Juniors
End of his career? You can only burn so many teams before people tire of you. The NRL can be an unforgiving place as Chris Sandow and others have found out. I can't comment on his potential because I never see him on the field- but Russell Packer is example of someone who has turned his life around and is now a player in demand so it can be done.

"AXED Titans forward Chris Grevsmuhl was let go by the club over accusations he sold a number of his jerseys on Facebook but never sent the goods out to fans who had already paid.

The Titans has confirmed reports by The Courier-Mail that the former South Sydney and Penrith forward had been released by the club, but would not comment on the reasons why.

However, it is understood it was due to the fact the troubled Grevsmuhl — who only joined the Gold Coast in March — took payment from at least 10 fans for jerseys that he never delivered.

In a message exchange obtained byThe Courier-Mail, Grevsmuhl told one fan he needed the extra money to help pay for his wedding.

The Titans were then contacted by those who had been left out of pocket by the 24-year-old and have worked to pay back the fans from Grevsmuhl’s own salary.

But now they have released him from his two-year contract over the incident.

Grevsmuhl has battled a number of personal issues in the past, including depression, and it is understood the Titans are extremely concerned for his welfare.

The Gold Coast did everything they could for him and his health while he was at the club but agreed to the release with his management earlier this week.

Neither Titans CEO Graham Annesley nor Grevmuhl’s manager Col Davis would comment on the situation, but it is believed the once promising youngster will take another break from the game until his off-field issues are sorted.

A spokesman for the NRL said they would not be conducting their own investigations into the matter as they felt it had been appropriately dealt with by the Titans."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...l/news-story/7522870daa7865223e6ad0b061bb563b

TheVelourFog

First Grade
NRL an unforgiving place??

Blokes get a million chances no matter what they've done.

Good riddance, he can go pick up a trowel and think about what he threw away.

aqua_duck

Coach
Why would someone pay for one of his jerseys? Some people just have no idea of the value of their hard earned.
From what I understand he was selling them for about $300 a pop which is very good value considering jerseys retail for about $150 and match jerseys are of much higher quality and being match worn and signed $300 isn't a bad deal. Also you'd think a current NRL player wouldn't be dumb enough to do a dodgy when they can't exactly just disappear

cleary89

Coach
From what I understand he was selling them for about $300 a pop which is very good value considering jerseys retail for about $150 and match jerseys are of much higher quality and being match worn and signed $300 isn't a bad deal. Also you'd think a current NRL player wouldn't be dumb enough to do a dodgy when they can't exactly just disappear

Bloke I know said he offered him a signed and worn jersey for $250. Not bad imo.

davi

Juniors
James Roberts - Souths, Panthers, Titans, Broncos
Chris Grevsmuhl - Souths, Panthers, Titans......

It was James Roberts choice to leave the Titans, and his departure wasn't for disciplinary reasons. Your post doesn't prove anything.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Didn't realise I was trying to prove anything.

However, if you rrreeaallyy want to play that game both players have had discipline/personal issues at 3 clubs. If you're clearing Roberts time at the Titans...well....

aqua_duck

Coach
Think about this again.
I have, I mean if you did a dodgy on me I'd have a much harder time tracking you down but if you were a NRL player I could easily go to your club as these people did or take the story to the media who love having a dig at league players

Life's Good

Coach
I have, I mean if you did a dodgy on me I'd have a much harder time tracking you down but if you were a NRL player I could easily go to your club as these people did or take the story to the media who love having a dig at league players

I see where you're coming from. Unfortunately, some players are just plain dumb, whether its stuff like this, drugs, alcohol some of them just don't get it.
Hardly, the crime of the century but doesn't help pay negotiations for players when they continue to stuff up.

davi

Juniors
Na, no diciplinary issues when he left, developed a drug problem under uncle wayne.

Fact: Titans wanted to re-sign him.

Fact: He had a great season the previous season when he left the Titans.

Fact: There was no mention on of discipline issues or drug issues when left the Titans.

You can spin it anyway you want, but your argument is made on a lot of assumptions. That can't be proven without any evidence.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Fact: Titans wanted to resign him.

Fact: He had a great season the previous season when he left the Titans.

Fact: There was no mention on of discipline issues or drug issues when left the Titans.

You can spin it anyway you want, but your argument is made on a lot of assumptions. That can't be proven without any evidence.

So what you are saying is the broncos has a drug culture

Latest posts