What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Mcqueen

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
Has anyone seen this bloke go around in the queensland cup? Is he a future nrl player? Apparently hes signed with the rabbitohs for two years.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Yes and Yes.

Has size and speed and a bit of mongrel. Good signing if they look after him.

Dave Q

Coach
We dont know him too well but suffice to say that we are very excited about him.

Since the partial privatisation, Souths have had a lot more success in looking after our players.

We are keen to create that point of difference and give the players experiences they wouldnt otherwise have. Trips to the USA, meeting world famous personalities add a touch of magic to the regular extra-curricular activities such as important charity work.

As fans, we are pretty forgiving and loyal to our players. Capewell and Simpson have been thrown into the fire this year, theyve made plenty of mistakes, but yet we still think highly of them.

We have counsellors and plenty of thought goes into player satisfaction. JT is very respectful publically about the players. He was one himself.

I am sure that he will get the best that Souths can give.

He is a very welcome addition to our aspiring squad, which as an average, despite a few older guys, is one of the youngest and most exciting in the NRL.

He now has a whole new family. We just want him to try his hardest and do his best.

Last edited:

Ram Man

Juniors
From what I have seen of him, I dont think he will be too successful at a higher level. Just IMO

XXXX Cap

Juniors
How many Queensland Cup games with Wynnum have you seen ?

I couldn't understand what doubts anyone would have about him. He has at least equal Queensland Cup form to Steve Matai, Maurice Blair, Marshall Chalk or a few others who have become NRL regulars.

Amadaca

Juniors
I met him once through mutual friends (who are no longer my friends).

He'll want to watch his choice of company doesn't get him into trouble. Don't be surprised if you see him in the papers for the wrong reasons one day.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Good call, but I bet you wouldn't have picked him in the forwards :D

I did mention his size and mongrel quality.

Not so much recently but there have been plenty of good centres turned into backrowers over the years. Way back, the late Billy McDermott was a State centre from Wynnum, then as he slowed up a little, he ended up being a representative second rower.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
At that time, all those guys were playing in the NRL. What I was saying was that he was at least as good as them in the Queensland Cup and thus should be a good chance of making it.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
I met him once through mutual friends (who are no longer my friends).

He'll want to watch his choice of company doesn't get him into trouble. Don't be surprised if you see him in the papers for the wrong reasons one day.
Wrong he has made you eat your words.