What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ciao for now

Big Mick

Referee
Hi all,

Soon after Azkatro's announcement that he was going to be taking a step back from Sevens, both Andrew (Unit) and I both were aligned that we'll likely take a step back too.

I've been involved in the game for many years, going back to its early days at RLeague when we built the Panthers from scratch.

I'd like to thank all involved in running the game. Willow, Jesbass, Pistol etc.

I'll have fond memories of great teammates like the late Ozzie who was part of the Penrith set up for a bit and led his Roosters and was a great talent and teammate.

Thanks most of all to my teammates who have stuck by the Penrith team despite low numbers for a number of seasons. Azkatro, Leaguenut, Madunit, The Piper, Broncoman and more recently Goleel and Didji, your efforts were greatly appreciated.

I've enjoyed my time in sevens, and while this isn't a total goodbye, I feel after such a long time involved in the game as well as time constraints with family issues that I need to take a step back and rediscover my passion for writing.

So thank you to all of you. Its been a pleasure playing alongside you.

joshie

Live Update Team
:'(

Mate, you ARE the man I look up to most and this is sad to see but I guess we can't do much about it....

I remember back in 2009, a shy, unskilled writer joined the Panthers and was taken in by Big Mick and his panthers. For two season this kid played in a battling side that never gave up! In 2011, although it was a goodbye from this kid, he has now matured and grown in confidence, and will now compete in a grand final. I THANK YOU so much for everything, for being my mentor, mate and idol in this comp, I will lead the new generation of players into the future in your, and other legends', honour!!

once again, THANK YOU BIG MICK, NO LONGER WRITING BUT WILL FOREVER BE MY F7 HERO!!

Azkatro

First Grade
Mick I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for both me as an individual in the F7's but also for the Panthers as a team. As so many teams came and went all around us, I always felt confident knowing there would be a Panthers team entering the comp and having teammates show up on the day. I would never hesitate to put my hand up because you are the sort of bloke we love playing for. I'm sure from the outside looking in, it seemed like the Panthers were extremely fortunate to have a small core of committed writers who worked hard for each other, but that is just symptomatic of the kind of captaincy and leadership you provided us with.

For the F7's sake, I hope you come back because I know you will achieve the same again with a completely different team. With a bit of luck they will be good enough to bring the Panthers a premiership as well.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mick=god.

You didn't get the shits with me when i dropped out unexpectedly in 2006, and i'm glad you stuck with me, we were a small but always committed team, thanks entirely to you.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I know all good things must come to an end, but hope you reconsider Mick. The place will not be the same without you.

I fully expected you to get that elusive F7s premiership this year. 2011 had the feel of being the year of the Panther. But a minor premiership :clap: , and I trust there's some super F7s memories.

You've always been a great competitor and a F7s champion. How many one-point deciders were there? ;-)

Good luck mate.

Last edited:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
So sad to see you go mate :( The game will endure, I pray, but it is hard to see folk like you go on siesta.

Jesbass

First Grade
Sad to see you go, Mick, but unfortunately real life has a tendency tog et in the way. I really hope you aren't lost to the competition, and that you'll stick around, even if it's in a less time consuming capacity.

edabomb

First Grade
All the best in retirement (or semi retirement) Big Mick. Really enjoyed my time playing for the Panthers last year - F7s will greatly miss your involment (as well as Mad Unit and Azkatro).

Latest posts