What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cisco's absence

Good evening fellow Rabbitohs tragics,

A heavy first post from me.

It is with great sadness that I would like to inform you that the man who posted on here as CISCO is no longer with us, having died in the most tragic of circumstances last year in August. I am one of his many Rabbitohs loving nephews (red and green runs deep through the wider family) and I had been told that he used to spend a lot of time on this forum so I thought a few of you who knew him online would like to know.

On the day of his funeral, which was an unseasonably warm, bright beautiful day in August in Newcastle, as we stood outside the church where the service had been held, awaiting the funeral cortege to depart, Glory Glory to South Sydney was played over the loudspeakers. We were all inconsolable. In the coffin was a signed jersey from his beloved Rabbitohs, organised by the great John Sutton.

He once said to me, on an emotion charged night back in 2014 when the drought was broken, that he could die a happy man now, so at least I can take some solace in that fact.

He leaves a massive hole in all our lives and all I can say to all of you is reach out to your loved ones, a mate, or in fact anyone if it all feels like its getting to much to bear.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal

It is with great sadness that I would like to inform you that the man who posted on here as CISCO is no longer with us, having died in the most tragic of circumstances last year in August. I am one of his many Rabbitohs loving nephews (red and green runs deep through the wider family) and I had been told that he used to spend a lot of time on this forum so I thought a few of you who knew him online would like to know.

On the day of his funeral, which was an unseasonably warm, bring beautiful day in August in Newcastle, as we stood outside the church where the service had been held, awaiting the funeral cortege to depart, Glory Glory to South Sydney was played over the loudspeakers. We were all inconsolable. In the coffin was a signed jersey from his beloved Rabbitohs, organised by the great John Sutton.

He once said to me, on an emotion charged night back in 2014 when the drought was broken, that he could die a happy man now, so at least I can take some solace in that fact.

He leaves a massive hole in all our lives and all I can say to all of you is reach out to your loved ones, a mate, or in fact anyone if it all feels like its getting to much to bear.
Oh mate I am lost for words!!!

I'm getting very emotional here...

I'd just like to offer my sincerest and deepest condolences!

I can't imagine what the family has been through.........

I know he will be really really missed!

I used to love chatting to him and he was so passionate.

Once again I am deeply saddened as we have lost a diehard Bunny brother.

RIP our good mate Cisco!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Can we please make this a sticky thread @Different kind of Rabbit???

Whilst he didn't post a whole lot what he did post was what being a Bunny is all about.

In memory of him a sticky thread would be appreciated.

To Cisco' brother a sticky thread is one that always stays up the top of the forum threads and I guess it would be nice of the site to do so...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

On the day of his funeral, which was an unseasonably warm, bring beautiful day in August in Newcastle, as we stood outside the church where the service had been held, awaiting the funeral cortege to depart, Glory Glory to South Sydney was played over the loudspeakers. We were all inconsolable. In the coffin was a signed jersey from his beloved Rabbitohs, organised by the great John Sutton.

Wow I wasn’t really around when Cisco posted but that’s absolutely tragic. Hope his family and friends are okay.

callmack1

Staff member
Cisco was before my time on here but I have heard from a lot of other people that were around when he was that he was a great bloke and really passionate about Souths.

Deepest sympathy and condolances to you and your family mate.

Latest posts