What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Classic Replay

draco

Juniors
Make a note of this boys and girls. I usually don't bother but I was flicking through the pages of my Austar Guide and noticed that Fox Sports 2 have programmed some classic Rugby League replays for Friday January 23.

If you can stand the pain (not for me) at 9.30am is NRL 1999 Grand Final Replay Dragons/Storm.

However, I WILL tune in at 2.00pm for the CLASSIC 1977 ARL (not NRL as printed) Dragons/Eels replay.

A "pipe opener" for 2004. I feel good na na nah....

Southernsaint

Staff member
Is it only the replay or the tied Grand Final too??

Can't wait to see Ray Price get knocked into Next Week. Again!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Is that 2:00pm on Friday January 23?
I was at both those 1977 Grand Finals but have never managed to get hold of a tape.

G

gorilla

Willow, the internet guide says only this (note the 2 pm shift is not described....)

12pm
12.30pm Rugby League 2003 NRL, Rnd 9, Bulldogs v Roosters

2.00pm Rugby League NRL Archives

3.00pm Rugby League 1989 Grand Final, Canberra v Balmain

4.00pm Rugby League 2003 NRL, Rnd 19, Melbourne v Brisbane

5.30pm Rugby League 1998 State Of Origin, Game 1, NSW V QLD

G

gorilla

Oh, and the other thing, there's a fella over at WORL who seems to have a tape:

"From: slippery kinchela Sent: 13/01/2004 2:15 PM
The best moment in that GF is when Ray Price is tackled into touch and Lord Ted comes flying in and nearly kicks his head into the Showground.

I bought the tape from Rebel about 10 years ago, and have never been able to get 79 on tape.Hopefully they will soon put them all onto DVD.

As for 99, i still have horrible memorys of walking home from the leagues club auditorium crying..(i was 28 then).

This club knows how to break hearts. "

Southernsaint

Staff member
gorilla said:
This club knows how to break hearts. "

No shit. But what's worse - what we've dealt with or the emotional vacuum of supporting a nothing side like Cronulla??

The club shoulf get into putting classic games on DVD & selling them through the club. the 1977 & 1979 Grand Finals, the 1996 semi finals, the 1999 semi against the Scum & other classics would sell like hot cakes...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Looks like im busy that sat.........Infront of the box, well from 2pm onwards anyway, dont want to re open old wounds that morn.... 8)