What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club Championship

Lochie

Juniors
Is it even possible for us to enter it? Do we get to add our Balmain and Wests sides points together in PL as well? We would own Parramatta. :lol:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Lochie said:
Is it even possible for us to enter it? Do we get to add our Balmain and Wests sides points together in PL as well? We would own Parramatta. :lol:

Congrats to Parra I think thats 6 in a row now :?

I wish for the Wests Tigers sake we could add both the Magpies and Tigers junior results together as they would own but pity we can't

brook

First Grade
all 3 clubs enter the club championship as seperate entities (or did last year)

so no its not really possible for us to win it

yappy

Bench
The Club Championship only applies to NSWRL comps. So no Wests Tigers have no entry and no NRL results count. The Magpies came fourth (parra, dogs, raiders in front).

Good season for the Magpies with all three sides in the finals, but should have been better with Flegg justifiably disappointed at not going significantly further (beaten by a better team on the day though 8) ), Ball sacrificing two games that they had wrapped up that would have had them ending the season equal second, and Premiers suffering a similar lack of killer instinct in several games. 6th is better than last years 8th, but no where near what they should have finished. Still getting into the finals is only half the battle. String four good games together and you can win the whole damn thing even if you finish 8th.

Next year should be better with the changes to the season. The majority of this years Flegg will back up again for Flegg next year with plenty of Premiers experience and even a bit of First Grade for some. We'll be a danger in that one. The Ball squad improve year after year, and Georgie's influence really brought them on in 2003. Lots of talented kids in that side and they'll go better than 8th in 2004. In Premiers several of this year's First Grade squad may find themselves fighing harder for spots, and I'm certain all of the real good players from this year's team will go around again.

It's all up for the Mighty Magpies! 8)

brook

First Grade
hey yappy i was actually wondering - does the sg ball age limit get raised next year as well as the flegg?

balmain fielded a LOT of 16 year olds in ball this year and the team suffered because of it, most of them will back up again next year but i'm worried if the age limit is raised they'll have to face being younger than everyone else yet again lol

yappy

Bench
Yeah I think they're going back to essentially last year's structure.

Matts U/16's short comp
Ball U/18's short comp
Flegg U/20's full season comp

don't quote me on that though

Gobbso

Juniors
Going on what Sheens said tonight, he mentioned something along the lines of a full competition for the 20's, which he was obviously referring to Jersey Flegg, which is great. Should have never disappeared in the first place.

Once Dead

Bench
Gobbso said:
Going on what Sheens said tonight, he mentioned something along the lines of a full competition for the 20's, which he was obviously referring to Jersey Flegg, which is great. Should have never disappeared in the first place.

Remember that 'super' idea...........wasn't so super in the long run hey? ;)

Gobbso

Juniors
Magpie said:
He also hinted at the dreaded lower grade merge....................

He said that would be an ideal situation, but 2 lower grades has its advantages! ;-) and also keeps the Balmain and Magpies very alive and well!

You'll never get another Joint-Venture between the two clubs in relation to Premier League or Flegg. Not as long as the Magpies Football club board and members are still breathing!

Bald Tiger

Juniors
I cant imagine that a merged PL side would get through at Balmain either. Supporters of the JV at Balmain - myself included - would not vote to merge the lwoer grades. Its great to retain that identity. In any case its good for the JV to have the two sides feeding players into first grade. Reckon its the best possible compromise.

barrytiger

Juniors
Bald Tiger said:
I cant imagine that a merged PL side would get through at Balmain either. Supporters of the JV at Balmain - myself included - would not vote to merge the lwoer grades. Its great to retain that identity. In any case its good for the JV to have the two sides feeding players into first grade. Reckon its the best possible compromise.
totally agree never merge the pL

Tigerpete

Juniors
So thats got me thinking, SHOULD we have the wests tigers cubs play as one in the under 20's or should we keep that aside as the rep side these guys can make???