What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club correspndance and relative comments.

Suitman

Post Whore
There has been a big campaign over a number of years to get the club to communicate better with its fans via any or as many varied means as possible.

I've been a staunch supporter of that concept, and over the past few seasons, have seen a steady improvement along these lines.

I think if we are going to demand that the club/new regime live up to their promises, we need to be able to isolate their actions/comments/discussions - into one thread.

Therefore, I'm hoping that this thread can become a "sticky", and we can post all correspondance from the club in here, as well as any comments relating to that correspondance.

I'd just like to start off by saying that it was nice that I received the email from Paul Osborne on Friday (*copied below) stating his thoughts about our current pre-season situation. I don't ever remember Denis taking the time to talk to us fans in that respect, but someone may correct me if I'm wrong.

Secondly, I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed that the email that I DID receive was forwarded to me by someone who has never been a season ticket holder or an LC member, and who has only just become a Blue Blood Member in the past four or so weeks. He is receiving every email, but despite the fact that I have given my email addy to the club many times for both FC AND LC and BB membership, I receive nothing. Now sure, I know I just need to ring the club, and I will, but the occassional buffoonery with this organsitation annoys the hell out of me. My thoughts are that I'd like Osborne to make the club far more efficient in all ways and far more consistent amongst all avenues of club precedure.

Suity

*edit: sorry but we generally dont allow reproduction of emails as they contain personal information, we can however still discuss the matter of official communication without revealing personal information*

Last edited by a moderator:
Suity do you have the ability to log into the members section on the Eels website with your EEl number (on the back of your card) and your email address that you gave the club?

Efficiency is a long way off mate, and with the recent moves seems to be even further. I think some people believe efficiency means cheep and not well done.

Kornstar

Coach
Suity do you have the ability to log into the members section on the Eels website with your EEl number (on the back of your card) and your email address that you gave the club?

Efficiency is a long way off mate, and with the recent moves seems to be even further. I think some people believe efficiency means cheep and not well done.

That is pretty typical in the corporate world........

I'd just like to start off by saying that it was nice that I received the email from Paul Osborne on Friday (*copied below) stating his thoughts about our current pre-season situation. I don't ever remember Denis taking the time to talk to us fans in that respect, but someone may correct me if I'm wrong.

I have a few e-mails on record to the fans and Season ticket holders from Denis.

Also I noted that Denis spoke at the 2007 football club AGM at great lengths, on a range of subjects, even his staunches critics in our coterie of friends, was very impressed with the way he spoke.

But Denis is gone, and the club is still going so I wonder what this constant need to say what we have now is better than what we have had in the past.

Also I find your comment particularly short sighted considering you have said to me that you have not been a Season Ticket Holder or Blue and Gold army member, until this year, so I wonder what your basis for reference is.

I certainly can not and for the life of me can not figure out why!

strider

Post Whore
btw - i think manual data entry of email addresses is fraught with danger - too easy to get wrong .... we should be able to do something online .... I find it a bit disconcerting that our online login is done partly via our email which seems to be something that has traditionally been hard to get right

parra pete

Referee
I like that letter from Paul Osborne and I agree with Suity to make it a sticky.
I am a fan of the Eels, not a supporter (according to BAE) even though this is my 50th year - Golden Year - of being interested in the achievements, and a voting member of the Club for the past decade.
I have not renewed my membership because I don't want the "but wait there's more" crap that goes with it.
I would prefer the Club said membership fees are $70...and that gives you the right to membership, nothing more. I won't rejoin on principle. Call me a silly old goat, a stubborn bastard, but I think the extras bit is crap with a capital C...doesn't do anything to me...The Club is under selling itself

hineyrulz

Post Whore
i think we could start one about AFL - not enough AFL talk around here
Speaking of Aussie Rules did anyone see the massive Swans crowd at Blacktown last
night??? Over 4000 I really the NRL should be worried......

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Speaking of Aussie Rules did anyone see the massive Swans crowd at Blacktown last
night??? Over 4000 I really the NRL should be worried......

a couple of sore arses from last weeks shananigans at the boggers i assume for the drop in crowds this week..

stuke

Bench
the missing thread has been thrown into the deal offered to Daniel Mortimor as a sweetener to keep him in the blue and gold. he's playing with it right at this moment while stomping on grapes in Orange.

strider

Post Whore
actually i have a feeling he might be talking about suity's thread about club communication .... now it was suity, so maybe it was just assumed it wasn't a keeper, i dunno

bartman

Immortal
Wow, 4000 for AFL at Blacktown... they were talking that up as a potential 10000 sell out.

Ozzie's really done a good job on keeping league in the western Sydney media, and limiting the impact the AFL expansion is trying to have :thumn.

Would have liked to have ready Suity's thoughts about club communication tbh. Unfortunately the luddite isn't on facebook where people seem to be talking freely about their thoughts about the aspects of the club...

Gronk

Staff member
actually i have a feeling he might be talking about suity's thread about club communication .... now it was suity, so maybe it was just assumed it wasn't a keeper, i dunno

It's a shame that a thread has be warehoused because it could provide scumbag scribes fodder for some trashy column space.