What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clubs stripped of points?

DC Slayer

Juniors
This just in!! Wildcats, Slayers, and the Raiders will only lose 3 points instead of the 5 that was originally stated. So you math guys and people tring to figure playoffs out might want to rethink the playoff picture!!!!

Bigkrug

Juniors
Do the previously penalized teams have all of their player registration paperwork into the league now? If not why are they still allowed to hold games with what I could see as a potential liability. What really are the consequences of breaking the rules if the penalty affects nothing? Why are there interstate highways on Hawaii and why do drive up ATMs have brail dots?

Play some footy

Juniors
if you win your games, it doesn't matter how many points you've been deducted.

i doubt this slap on the wrist will have any real effect on the ladder

This just in!! Wildcats, Slayers, and the Raiders will only lose 3 points instead of the 5 that was originally stated. So you math guys and people tring to figure playoffs out might want to rethink the playoff picture!!!!

DC Slayer

Juniors
if you win your games, it doesn't matter how many points you've been deducted.

i doubt this slap on the wrist will have any real effect on the ladder

With two wins this weekend it would change the place of the Slayers. It would push them into the playoffs. Instead of just missing out.

Poul

Juniors
With one round yet to be played, I think the final six places for the playoffs have been decided.By my reckoning, the points after round 7 are:

1. Aston DSC Bulls 30
2. New Haven Warriors 30
3. Jacksonville Axemen 22
4. Connecticut Wildcats 21
5. New York Knights 20
6. Washington DC Slayers 18
7. Bucks County Sharks 13
8. Fairfax Eagles 12
9. Philadelphia Fight 6
10.Northern Raiders -3

I think only the finishing positions are still to be decided.
The Bulls should retain top spot with a win over the Slayers, whilst the Warriors would still retain 2nd spot, even if they were to be upset by the Knights. A win by the Axemen over the Fight should see them retain 3rd spot, and gain a home final game against the 6th placed team ( likely to be the Slayers). A win by the Wildcats over the Sharks can see them be assured of at least 4th spot, and also a home finals match against the 5th placed team, which is most likley going to be the Knights.
I think everbody ( like me) is expecting a Bulls v Warriors Championship Final, but I hope some of the other teams can give them a bit of a fright along the way.

Last edited:

deluded pom?

Coach
I have the Eagles on 8 pts which with a five point win yesterday outs them on 13 pts. A possible five next week means they could finish on equal points to the Slayers but probably with a worse PD. The two points that the AMNRL gave back to the offending teams could make the difference between playoffs or not.

Poul

Juniors
I have the Eagles on 8 pts which with a five point win yesterday outs them on 13 pts. A possible five next week means they could finish on equal points to the Slayers but probably with a worse PD. The two points that the AMNRL gave back to the offending teams could make the difference between playoffs or not.

You could be right pom, as I'm only going off the points table as it is on the AMNRL website (after 6 rounds). I'd reckon the Eagles would want the Raiders to turn up next weekend ( although at this stage that seems unlikely), so they could give their for and against a bit of a shake up.

deluded pom?

Coach
You could be right pom, as I'm only going off the points table as it is on the AMNRL website (after 6 rounds). I'd reckon the Eagles would want the Raiders to turn up next weekend ( although at this stage that seems unlikely), so they could give their for and against a bit of a shake up.

Strangely on the AMNRL table the Warriors points difference went up by 40 yet the Fight's only went up by 20 after the forfeits! There doesn't seem to be any consistency on the AMNRL stats.

Last edited:

DC Slayer

Juniors

I think the eagles only had 14 points in the game vs the slayers. I have them missing out on the bonus point. But getting the 5 points for the win earlier in the day. Which would have them at 12 points. I could be wrong.

Even if that is the not the case I think the slayers would finish in the sixth spot or higher in the league. The eagles should get 5 points this weekend due forfeit by the Raidiers(to be seen). Which they would end the season having with 17 or 18 points. If the Slayers are able to pull off a upset over the bulls the weekend they would jump ahead of the knights into the 5th spot(If the knights lose in the last week vs the warriors). But if the slayers lose in the final week and dont get a bonus point they should still have the last spot due to having a 2 wins over the eagles.

Last edited:

bentman78

Juniors
I think the eagles only had 14 points in the game vs the slayers. I have them missing out on the bonus point. But getting the 5 points for the win earlier in the day. Which would have them at 12 points. I could be wrong.

Even if that is the not the case I think the slayers would finish in the sixth spot or higher in the league. The eagles should get 5 points this weekend due forfeit by the Raidiers(to be seen). Which they would end the season having with 17 or 18 points. If the Slayers are able to pull off a upset over the bulls the weekend they would jump ahead of the knights into the 5th spot(If the knights lose in the last week vs the warriors). But if the slayers lose in the final week and dont get a bonus point they should still have the last spot due to having a 2 wins over the eagles.
Wrong again..
http://www.americanrugbynews.com/ar...layoff_bound_teams_jockey_for_positions.shtml

Latest posts