What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coastal walks in Sydney

Pommy

Coach
The Mrs has got a Fitbit recently and is now slightly obsessed with walking.

Has anyone got good recommendations for coastal walks in Sydney? Ive never been to Watson's Bay so it would be a bonus if we could visit there at the same time. I think about 8k would be decent length we will be traveling in to the city by public transport so preferably starting and finishing somewhere with trains or a ferry close by.

Thanks in advance.

Life's Good

Coach
The Mrs has got a Fitbit recently and is now slightly obsessed with walking.

Has anyone got good recommendations for coastal walks in Sydney? Ive never been to Watson's Bay so it would be a bonus if we could visit there at the same time. I think about 8k would be decent length we will be traveling in to the city by public transport so preferably starting and finishing somewhere with trains or a ferry close by.

Thanks in advance.
I recommend The Bay Run also. Great location and scenery with a few spots along the way for a coffee or refresher.
Bondi to Bronte would be my other suggestion but that isn't anywhere near 8k.

Have fun.

Pommy

Coach
Thanks for the replies she decided she wanted to go over to manly, that was until e saw the line for the ferry so we just walked around the rocks, harbour and RBG.
I think we will probably do the bay run in a couple of weeks though.

Thanks for the replies she decided she wanted to go over to manly, that was until e saw the line for the ferry so we just walked around the rocks, harbour and RBG.
I think we will probably do the bay run in a couple of weeks though.
the Mosman to Manly walk is good but a bit out of the way

horrie hastings

First Grade
Rose Bay to Watsons Bay is a good walk,some of it along the harbour then sometimes you have to go along the streets but you are never too far away from the water, then you have the Watsons Bay to South head walk to add on also.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Pretty much what's been mentioned here

Spit Bridge to Manly (about 10km Ends accessible by bus and ferry)
Bondi to Coogee (via Bronte) (around 6km I think, easy to add another couple by walking the beaches at either end, accessible by bus)
Bay walk/run around Iron cove (7km circuit, start at either Iron Cove Bridge or below Leichhardt stadium, accessible by bus)
There's a nice track around the Glebe foreshore these days too that you could link up with some others for a longer walk as well, and has the light rail at one end