What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

College Football 2017/18

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Top tackles are probably
Connor Williams - Texas
Orlando Brown - Oklahoma
Mike McGlinchey - Notre Dame
Chukwuma Okorafor - Western Michigan
Martinas Rankin - Mississippi State

Great draft for OL. Really deep draft and some potential stars up top (Williams and Nelson).

Don't trust McGlinchey though. Would be reluctant to take him too high.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I think most evaluators ive seen prefer Darnold because he has the ‘it’ factor... whatever the f**k that means...

I think what scares the shit outta me is that the last time I saw people talking about ‘it’ factor it was Johnny Football... and the bloke yelling his name the loudest sounds like he’s gonna our next head coach.

Rosen - Most NFL ready but questionable attitude.

Darnold - Highest ceiling but high chance of ending up at Browns so career bye bye.

Mayfield - Will probably go further than the other two.

Allen - Blake Bortles MK II.

Jackson - He's a gamble with potential to boom or bust. I don't see there being much of an inbetween.

Tom155

Coach
What odds Elway goes after an established QB? Not sure he wants to spend a year or two developing a QB when that defence is still capable of keeping the champioonship window open.
Buzz is they will be in big on Cousins, makes sense he wants a quick fix, the pressure is on Elway after terrible drafting + Coaching hire then retaining that terrible coach & wasting seasons of this D + missing the playoffs again.

Could double up with Cousins & a rookie QB at #5, but if we miss out on Cousins Allen fits what Elway has liked in QB prospects before Big physically talented but raw QB's like Osweiler + Lynch

Last edited:

Tom155

Coach
They are coaching the North team in the senior bowl with Mayfield & who knows who else maybe they end up loving one of those guys

abpanther

Staff member
I like Mayfield more than Darnold and Rosen.

I'm also a big Nelson fan, I would love to see the 49ers get him at 9/10, I also think Billy Price is underrated, I think he will be an all-pro C.

I think Barkley is a little overrated, while he's 230lbs and has great physical traits he doesn't play big and his production isn't elite, he's a big scatback who can bust open a big play if given space but he doesn't break tackles or gain much yards after contact from what I've seen. I much prefer guys like Derrius Guice or Sony Michel.

I really like WR Jake Wieneke from South Dakota State, I think he will slide into the 2nd round.

My top 10 prospects at this stage (no particular order):
QB Baker Mayfield, 6’1 220, Oklahoma
QB Josh Rosen, 6’3 220, UCLA
QB Sam Darnold, 6’4 220, USC
OL Quenton Nelson, 6’5 325, Notre Dame
EDGE Bradley Chubb, 6’3 275, North Carolina State
LB Roquan Smith, 6’0 225, Georgia
SAF/CB Minkah Fitzpatrick, 6’0 200, Alabama
OL Billy Price, 6’4 315, Ohio State
CB Denzel Ward, 5'10 190, Ohio State
WR Courtland Sutton, 6'3 220, SMU

shiznit

Coach
I’ve heard the problem with Mayfield is his maturity and his size....

People have been saying he isn’t 6’1. They think he’s more likely somewhere between 5’10 & 6’0.

Rosen is another with maturity issues... apparently he’s a dickhead... :joy::joy:

I’m not enough of an expert to really know the difference the height is going to make... but I always find the height argument an interesting one because I thought Russell Wilson would have dispelled that theory by now...

but it amazes me how many experts and scouts still take that into serious consideration when they evaluate these kids.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I’ve heard the problem with Mayfield is his maturity and his size....

People have been saying he isn’t 6’1. They think he’s more likely somewhere between 5’10 & 6’0.

Rosen is another with maturity issues... apparently he’s a dickhead... :joy::joy:

I’m not enough of an expert to really know the difference the height is going to make... but I always find the height argument an interesting one because I thought Russell Wilson would have dispelled that theory by now...

but it amazes me how many experts and scouts still take that into serious consideration when they evaluate these kids.

Every position has an "ideal" height/weight etc but often it gets far too much importance than it should. The ones who don't ger caught up in it are the ones who pick up good players in the later rounds.

A guy like Roquan Smith is a good example. Seen him be mocked everywhere in the first round from top 10 to teens to 20's. The main reason is he doesn't have "ideal" size. If he did he would be a lock for top 10, even top 5 if there was a positional need in the top 5.

I'm not concerned about Mayfield's maturity. He's a showman and flirts with the line between confident and arrogant but unlike Rosen when he talks pre/post match it's very team orientated.

nick87

Coach
Not a fan of Darnold personally, Rosen is the #1 QB imo

As a pure passer, i agree and he looks more polished right now, but i think Darnold's upside is higher, and rumours are that most of his teammates HATE Rosen... i dont want to be that guy, but i really think QB is one of those positions where you cant really be effective if your the type of guy teammates hate

And Nelson is a f**king STUD. A fever dream is everyone in the nfl refuses to value a guard until the eagles get him late in the first
which has precisely ZERO chance of happening haha

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
As a pure passer, i agree and he looks more polished right now, but i think Darnold's upside is higher, and rumours are that most of his teammates HATE Rosen... i dont want to be that guy, but i really think QB is one of those positions where you cant really be effective if your the type of guy teammates hate

And Nelson is a f**king STUD. A fever dream is everyone in the nfl refuses to value a guard until the eagles get him late in the first

If the Broncos get a QB in FA they grab Nelson IMO. Tampa Bay possibly, 9ers definitely.

Nelson is as close to a sure thing as there is in this draft IMO.

Rosen will be the next Jay Cutler - if that.

nick87

Coach
I think if Cousins gets to FA, he's absolutely going to sign a massive deal with the Broncos

I also think the Skins will pay him 34mil on another franchise tag before they let him walk
I cant see Nelson getting out of the top 10. Warmack went 10th and Cooper went 7th... both busts but pure guards taken inside the top 10 and Nelson's a much better prospect than both of those guys

Tampa, Niners, and if he's there, no way he goes past Cincy @ 12

Tom155

Coach

Key word rumours, just because he speaks his mind on some things doesn't mean the rumours are true could be a problem for some teammates/staff etc but not everybody

I think Rosen's "character concerns" are overblown

Last edited:

beave

Coach
If Nelson is there at #7 I think we take him (Bucs).

If he's gone, I'd say we'll grab Chubb. We were last in the league for sacks this year so he'd make sense to draft.

I wish I was talking about the play offs instead of the draft already........ #itsabucslife

shiznit

Coach

I’ve never had an issue with taking a guard early... the only issue I have at the moment is for us we already have two pretty good ones... but i know the thinking has always been to transition Osemele out to tackle eventually so maybe if he’s still on the board at 9/10 we take the kid...

shiznit

Coach
Key word rumours, just because he speaks his mind on some things doesn't mean the rumours are true could be a problem for some teammates/staff etc but not everybody

I think Rosen's "character concerns" are overblown
It’s a strong rumour though... I think there’s gotta be some validity when you have people in the mainstream media talking about it.

Tom155

Coach

If he's gone, I'd say we'll grab Chubb. We were last in the league for sacks this year so he'd make sense to draft.

I wish I was talking about the play offs instead of the draft already........ #itsabucslife
What if Chubb is gone too, who do you think you'll pick?

shiznit

Coach

Straight trade... Two 1’s, two 2’s, Nelson and 8M cash for our coach....

Ohh wait... I think I’ve seen this show before...

beave

Coach
What if Chubb is gone too, who do you think you'll pick?

Probably Minkah Fitzpatrick mate. Our safeties are pretty average and our main/best CB was 35 this year (Brent Grimes) and he became a UFA on Monday......The bucs have indicated and told him they still want him so see how that pans out.

The draft is shaping up as pretty intriguing, might have to take some time off work to watch again.

Tom155

Coach
Probably Minkah Fitzpatrick mate. Our safeties are pretty average and our main/best CB was 35 this year (Brent Grimes) and he became a UFA on Monday......The bucs have indicated and told him they still want him so see how that pans out.

The draft is shaping up as pretty intriguing, might have to take some time off work to watch again.
How did Justin Evans play his rookie year? I liked him in the draft last year

beave

Coach
Straight trade... Two 1’s, two 2’s, Nelson and 8M cash for our coach....

Ohh wait... I think I’ve seen this show before...

images