What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comparing 1st Round Teams 12mnths later

mickeylane

Bench
Interesting to compare Round 1 teams 12 months apart - looking at the below first round teams we are like comparing chalk w cheese w this years team looking much more polished especially the forwards and the bench...but yet the coach is still failing us w his tactics and not changing the style of play as it seems!

2016 Round 1 Team
Dragons: 1. Kurt Mann, 2. Peter Mata'utia, 3. Josh Dugan, 4. Tim Lafai, 5. Jason Nightingale, 6. Gareth Widdop (c), 7. Benji Marshall, 8. Leeson Ah Mau, 9. Mitch Rein, 10. Russell Packer, 11. Tyson Frizell, 12. Joel Thompson, 13. Mike Cooper. Interchange: 14. Ben Creagh (c), 15. Dunamis Lui, 16. Will Matthews, 17. Jack de Belin.

2017 Round 1 Team
Dragons: 1. Josh Dugan 2. Nene McDonald 3. Taane Milne 4. Kurt Mann, 5. Jason Nightingale, 6. Gareth Widdop (c), 7. Josh McCrone 8. Paul Vaughan 9. Cameron McIness 10. Russell Packer, 11. Tyson Frizell, 12. Joel Thompson, 13. Jack De Belin. Interchange: 14. Tariq Simms 15. Lesson Ah Mau 16. Jacob Host 17. Jai Field

j0nesy

Bench
It's slightly better this year with McInnes, Vaughan starting and Simms and Field off the bench. However, I don't think Mccrone is an upgrade on Marshall and I've yet to be convinced about MacDonald

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I think roster wise we are 20% better off in 2017 as at least 6 players in the 2016 team were not up to NRL standard or injury prone and we also have much greater depth due to new recruits, the four Cutters boys being eligible and the
availability of some talented players from the Under 20's.
Hopefully the four coaches and out of form Captain will not screw it up!

watatank

Coach
It's pretty much the same as last year.

Aitken and Lafai will be the centres. I think Packer will play off the bench. Everything else more or less the same, I think Packer will play off the interchange. I think Field might jag a bench spot but can't see him getting much game time overall.

Interesting to compare Round 1 teams 12 months apart - looking at the below first round teams we are like comparing chalk w cheese w this years team looking much more polished especially the forwards and the bench...but yet the coach is still failing us w his tactics and not changing the style of play as it seems!

2016 Round 1 Team
Dragons: 1. Kurt Mann, 2. Peter Mata'utia, 3. Josh Dugan, 4. Tim Lafai, 5. Jason Nightingale, 6. Gareth Widdop (c), 7. Benji Marshall, 8. Leeson Ah Mau, 9. Mitch Rein, 10. Russell Packer, 11. Tyson Frizell, 12. Joel Thompson, 13. Mike Cooper. Interchange: 14. Ben Creagh (c), 15. Dunamis Lui, 16. Will Matthews, 17. Jack de Belin.

2017 Round 1 Team
Dragons: 1. Josh Dugan 2. Nene McDonald 3. Taane Milne 4. Kurt Mann, 5. Jason Nightingale, 6. Gareth Widdop (c), 7. Josh McCrone 8. Paul Vaughan 9. Cameron McIness 10. Russell Packer, 11. Tyson Frizell, 12. Joel Thompson, 13. Jack De Belin. Interchange: 14. Tariq Simms 15. Lesson Ah Mau 16. Jacob Host 17. Jai Field

Has first round team been announced?

Strange thread if it hasn't.

Straight Shooter

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Cant be bothered comparing our team for Round 1 as we don't know yet what its going to be and the way Mary thinks who would guess....3 things I can say from what Ive seen so far this year

1. Lafai still does nothing
2. McCrone offers very little to add spark to the halves
3 Widdops game is going backwards

but they will all be there you can bet on that

Dragsters

First Grade

2016 Round 1 Team

2017 Round 1 Team

Is this team actually official or is it just speculation?

Umm, have I missed an announcement or this just ouija board stuff???

BringTheNoise

Juniors

2016 Round 1 Team

2017 Round 1 Team

What a fruitless exercise this has been. Keep em coming, mickeylane.

Latest posts