What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I would imagine even with 6 interchanges most teams will go with a prop rotation that will take up only 4 of the 6 interchanges.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
I would imagine even with 6 interchanges most teams will go with a prop rotation that will take up only 4 of the 6 interchanges.

it could be possible that some teams might stack with 2 or more utilities on the bench and a heap of 2nd rowers masquarading as props.

i'm not sure this has been thought through properly yet.

Packy

Bench
Why!!??!!?? The NRL are talking about reducing the interchange to 8 possibly 6 and Dogs re-sign a player who can only play 20mins max before needing a massive break. Stupid decision IMO.

Think about it the other way. With 3 props that can play 80 the impact someone like Sam will have on tired forwards on the other team will be huge.

Kiwi

First Grade
Or second rowers play longer minutes with sides having two 80 minute backrowers in their team. Meaning they can carry a impact player, second rower and two props on the bench easily enough. Rest their front rowers easily.

Using my team as an example. Parker and Glenn can play 80 if need be. Thaiday can come off the bench and play 60 minutes straight, meaning Gillett can come back on for Glenn or Parker, leaving us 6 interchanges for an impact player and the props if it's 8 interchanges Which is plenty to keep the rotation going.

ek999

First Grade
Why!!??!!?? The NRL are talking about reducing the interchange to 8 possibly 6 and Dogs re-sign a player who can only play 20mins max before needing a massive break. Stupid decision IMO.

When you have your starting props, back rowers and hooker all capable of playing massive minutes, you aren't going to need players who play big minutes off the bench. Give him the last 15 or 20 minutes of a match and watch him dominate tired defenders

With 4 forwards on the bench, they will need to get an average of 45 minutes per player (5 starting forwards and 4 bench). If Tolman, Jackson, Graham and Tolman all play 65 minutes, you only need an average of 28 out of the other 5. Eastwood and Klemmer will play about 35 to 40 minutes each so the other 3 would only need to provide 20 minutes each. How you manage the interchange to give the players those minutes with the number of interchanges allowed is up to the coach

natheel

Coach
:lol::lol:

You really blaming some mid 20s guys who play a contact sport for getting the best contracts that they can get? lol.

we are talking about Manly here they think they deserve everyone to stay loyal and to sign for them

POPEYE

Coach
:lol::lol:

You really blaming some mid 20s guys who play a contact sport for getting the best contracts that they can get? lol.

Especially those who want to stay at the one club . . . sorry, I was having a salary cap nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.