What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
ouch, would have been good seeing him partner morgs in a few years time.

I'm guessing there is a pretty solid plan for JT's retirement when it happens

nomis88

Juniors
POPEYE;11618059;34495 said:
Brandon Smith signed from the Cowboys to become Cam Smith's apprentice is a good story, although a Kiwi the youngster is boxing trained and apparently eligible to play for Qld

But is he wrestling trained?

McLovin

Staff member
BuderusIsaBeast;11618686;45162 said:
Jamie Soward to the London Broncos. There currently in the second division however are in the promotion battle

Surely he wasnt that bad.. What happened to this guy?

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
McLovin;11618699;8051 said:
Surely he wasnt that bad.. What happened to this guy?

I know he played for London before and really enjoyed it so maybe he is keen to go back there. With Soward playing for them there chances of being promoted just went up by heaps. However if London can't get promoted I wouldn't be surprised if he jumps to a super league team next year

flamin

Juniors
http://www.nrl.com/jamie-soward-released-by-panthers/tabid/10874/newsid/98666/default.aspx

Jamie Soward released by Panthers

Thu 30 Jun, 2016, 2:26pm

The Penrith Panthers have released playmaker Jamie Soward from the remainder of his contract with the club, effective immediately.

The 31-year-old played 53 games for the Panthers after joining the club ahead of the 2014 season, and will now link up with the London Broncos.

"Jamie feels the time is now right to pursue an opportunity to finish his career in England," Panthers executive general manager Phil Gould said.

"How playing careers begin and end is not an exact science but he has recognised there are a number of emerging talents at the club who deserve the chance to progress.

"Jamie has been wonderful for the Panthers and has done everything we have ever asked of him. He has been a leader, on and off the field, and played a key role in the development of our younger players.

"If Jamie sees a future for himself in coaching, once his playing days have come to an end, it is my intention that he will begin that coaching career here at the Panthers."

Charlie124

First Grade
If only there were a thread.... fully dedicated to Confirming Signings of players year by year...

We could call it "Confirmed Signings 2015-2016" and it could be stuck on the front page of the forums all year round.

If only.

natheel

Coach
McLovin;11620280;8051 said:
Eels sign Jeff Robson... Do they plan to lose every game from here?

He's reliable. Will just be a foil for Norman. Considering our back ups Cornish and Kelly (yuk) are injured it's not a bad signing

McLovin

Staff member
He's not solid or reliable... Robson is done at this point. After watching him plod around every week while he was at the Sharks i'm convinced he will offer nothing at this stage of his career. Better off playing Wicks at halfback tbh...

Bazal

Post Whore
McLovin;11620542;8051 said:
He's not solid or reliable... Robson is done at this point. After watching him plod around every week while he was at the Sharks i'm convinced he will offer nothing at this stage of his career. Better off playing Wicks at halfback tbh...

He's more likely just to play for Wenty, and Cornish play FG when he's back fit. We're playing Cameron King at 7 for Wenty at the moment. And we've got a back-rower at six and also at reserve hooker in the top side.

Hutty1986

Immortal

I really feel like there's some sort of halves/grams drug dealer joke in there somewhere

Leber

Bench

Have you watched any Warriors games this year? Sure, he's no world beater but is a very reliable backup and is a big part of why the reserve grade Warriors are doing well.
Very solid depth signing.

Bigcoq

Juniors
Storm poach Leuluia from Roosters, most promising young prop who debuted for Robbo showing good promise, early this year then was injured, Poachin caaarnts..

lafai

Bench
Bigcoq;11624799;44732 said:
Storm poach Leuluia from Roosters, most promising young prop who debuted for Robbo showing good promise, early this year then was injured, Poachin caaarnts..

To be fair he was off contract this year..

Latest posts