What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

POPEYE

Coach
Kenny Bromwich, Cheyse Blair, Nelson Asofa Solomona, Felise Kaufusi and Mark Nicholls have all resigned with Melbourne.

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/content/storm/club/news/2016/08/30/five_re_sign_with_st.html
Just arrived back home to hear this, seems Bellamy students hate to leave the classroom . . . and apparently are willing to take 'obvious' pay cuts to stay. Great to have someone in charge of the financial records that knows what he's f**king doing

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Just arrived back home to hear this, seems Bellamy students hate to leave the classroom . . . and apparently are willing to take 'obvious' pay cuts to stay. Great to have someone in charge of the financial records that knows what he's f**king doing

Any preference for what you catch, Pops??

POPEYE

Coach
Pickings are slim ol' mate . . . doesn't help that everyone knows I'm in favour of any team doing anything necessary to keep champion players they create

Barkley

Bench
Shaun is a good pick up for Manly....he was a quality player at the dogs before we shipped him off to NZ.

myrrh ken

First Grade

Probably gun-shy after seeing how their alma mater (Mann, Widdop, Blair, Nielsen etc) have performed elsewhere

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Shaun is a good pick up for Manly....he was a quality player at the dogs before we shipped him off to NZ.

Yeah I think he could be a very handy pick up.

I could imagine that it would be quite difficult for a young forward to fit into the Warriors systems.

If he can recapture his Dogs form then will be handy off the bench.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Yeah I think he could be a very handy pick up.

I could imagine that it would be quite difficult for a young forward to fit into the Warriors systems.

If he can recapture his Dogs form then will be handy off the bench.
Warriors lack of systems
Hopefully Prof Barrett gets the most out of him. A bit of depth without someone like Symonds.

POPEYE

Coach
Probably gun-shy after seeing how their alma mater (Mann, Widdop, Blair, Nielsen etc) have performed elsewhere
Blair's doing alright and Mann is one of the Dragon's best(sic) but you could be right, not everyone can be a Bell, Hoffman, Turner, Johnson, J. Smith, Inglis, Falou, White, Tagatese, Chambers, Manu, Tolman, Kostjasyn, Maloney or O'Neill and hold down a position at another club

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/37220459

St Helens half-back Travis Burns will return to Australia to join Wynnum Manly Seagulls for next season.

The 32-year-old, who is currently on loan at Leigh Centurions, had another year remaining on his contract at Langtree Park.

He joined Saints in 2014 from Hull Kingston Rovers for £60,000 and has scored 72 points in 34 appearances.

"Naturally, it's a shame it didn't work out at Saints but that is how rugby league goes sometimes," Burns said.

ek999

First Grade
Lane was dropped and then released because of his shit attitude and work ethic. Not sure Barrett is a coach who can fix that

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Lane was dropped and then released because of his shit attitude and work ethic. Not sure Barrett is a coach who can fix that

Maybe he had a shit attitude and work ethic because of Hasler?

I'm no psychologist so I'll just wait and see.

betcats

Referee
Maybe he was smoking crack? The dogs was two clubs ago, his attitude may have changed all by itself already now he has seen how tough it is to lock down a FG spot and spending time slugging away in NZ reggies, I think he has a future in the NRL just gotta work hard.

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/09/04/list_of_departing_pl.html

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles advises the following players will not be with the Club in 2017.

Jamie Lyon – retired

Josh Starling – off contract

Siosaia Vave – Parramatta Eels

Liam Knight – released

Nathan Green – off contract

Blake Leary – off contract

Isaac John – off contract

Jayden Hodges – off contract

Tim Moltzen – retired

Rhys Armstrong – off contract

Fabian Goodall – rugby union

Halaufa Lavaka – off contract

Tony Satini – off contract

Dylan Kelly – off contract

Hugh Pratt – off contract

Nicho Hynes – off contract

Darcy Cox – off contract

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/09/04/list_of_departing_pl.html

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles advises the following players will not be with the Club in 2017.

Jamie Lyon – retired

Josh Starling – off contract

Siosaia Vave – Parramatta Eels

Liam Knight – released

Nathan Green – off contract

Blake Leary – off contract

Isaac John – off contract

Jayden Hodges – off contract

Tim Moltzen – retired

Rhys Armstrong – off contract

Fabian Goodall – rugby union

Halaufa Lavaka – off contract

Tony Satini – off contract

Dylan Kelly – off contract

Hugh Pratt – off contract

Nicho Hynes – off contract

Darcy Cox – off contract

So we should be prepared for Manly to raid everyone's Juniors again and force all the prices of half decent 20's players through the roof?