What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

POPEYE

Coach
Hunt might work well with Norman when he won't have to be the brains behind the trust, Corey certainly won't leave Hunt guessing

Vic Mackey

Referee
Jamal Idris officially joins Wests Tigers

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/10/27/jamal_idris_joins_we.html

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce that former Australian international and New South Wales representative Jamal Idris has joined the Club.

The 26-year-old has played a total of 131 first-grade games since making his debut for Canterbury-Bankstown in 2008 — playing four seasons for the Bulldogs before spending two years with the Titans from 2012 and with the Panthers from 2014.

The 2009 Dally M Rookie of the Year has agreed to join Wests Tigers in 2017 and will add plenty of experience, size and skill to the Club’s first-grade squad.

After spending 18 months away from rugby league, the Forster Hawks junior said he was excited to be making his return to the NRL with Wests Tigers.

“For me, it’s so exciting as there are a lot of up-and-coming young players here,” said Idris. “The average age is really young, and they’re only going to get better and more experienced. If they do that together, then they’re going to gel well as a team and that’s really exciting.

“I’ve learned a lot over the last year, and the biggest thing was that I was playing rugby league for others. This time, I’m playing rugby league for myself,” he said.

“There’s no better way to get back into it then to get stuck into training, and I’m improving a lot every week. I’m just hoping to do it now week in and week out.

“I can’t wait to meet all the new fans and Members of Wests Tigers,” said Idris. “This Club has a great history and supporter base, and I can’t wait to meet and get to know so many more fans.”

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said that the signing of Idris was an exciting one for all Members and fans following on from a strong 2016 season.

“As a Club, we are really pleased to have Jamal at Wests Tigers next year,” Pascoe said.

“We’re thrilled that he’s decided to embark on the next stage of his playing career with us.

“We all know what he can do on the field and we look forward to seeing him do it in a Wests Tigers jersey next season,” he said. “Jamal’s been a fan favourite everywhere that he’s played and I’m sure that Wests Tigers Members and fans are excited to have him with us.

“We had a lot of positive signs both on and off the field in 2016 and Jamal’s signing is another step in the right direction for this organisation,” said Pascoe.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Jason Taylor said that having a player of Idris’ experience and natural ability would be a great addition to the Club’s first-grade squad in 2017.

“We’re really looking forward to having Jamal join us ahead of the 2017 season,” said Taylor.

“He brings a lot of size and strength to our outside backs which is something that we identified that needed to be improved on for the coming year.

“Jamal has played the game at the highest level and comes to Wests Tigers with a lot to prove,” he said. “He's been working hard over the last couple of weeks to ensure that he’s ready for the start of pre-season and he’s incredibly motivated to get back into the game and we’re really happy that he’s decided to do it with us.”

roofromoz

First Grade
I really don't know what to think of this as a Penrith fan...

On behalf of the Panthers Board of Directors, the club is delighted to announce Mitch Rein has signed a two-year deal with the Panthers.

The 26-year-old hooker joins the club from St George Illawarra Dragons, where he played 132 NRL games over six seasons.

"I am really excited to be joining the Panthers," Rein said.

"It's a young team with so much potential and the training facilities are world-class, like nothing else I have seen in the NRL.

"I can’t wait to join the squad in the preseason to work hard and prepare for 2017."

Hailing from Kiama on the south coast of NSW, Rein represented the Country Origin side in 2014 and 2015.

Panthers Executive General Manager Phil Gould AM said Rein will be a valuable addition to the club’s playing roster in 2017.

"It is very much to our club's advantage to pick up such a high-calibre footballer for great value just prior to the commencement of our off-season training program," he said.

"Mitch is a representative-class player and will provide our roster with tremendous depth and competition in key positions. I’d also like to think this could turn into a long-term association down the track.

"For now though, we are delighted to welcome Mitch to the Panthers. This is a tremendous signing."

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2016/10/28/rein_joins_the_panth.html

Nice Beaver

First Grade
You guys let go of your best hooker James Segeyaro and replaced it with a mediocre one in Mitch Rein lol. Griffin and Gould should uppercut themselves.

Seeyaro was not let go due to playing ability.
There is more to being an NRL player and part of a team than just ability.
You'll get the ultimate example yourself next season at the Warriors.
Enjoy the show.

Latest posts