What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

TheFrog

Coach
However if that team you listed comes 6th you need to resign Barrett for 5 years and Knight Bob Fulton.
Have a look at the team that ran 6th last year. They came from a very fortunate 11th the year before. This is the Round 26 side that beat Manly by 30 points:

Moylan, Mansour, Blake, Peachey, DWZ, Cartwright, Cleary, Latu, Wallace, Matagi, Yeo, Fisher-Harris, Merrin, Akouola, Latimore, Grevsmuhl, Hardaker. Coach Anthony Griffin.

Now that sounds an OK sort of a side now, quite good in fact, but how did it sound this time last year? Bottom 4 I'd suggest.

The point is that a lot of water can flow under a bridge in a season. Not suggesting Manly or anyone else will make the finals, rather that anything can happen and very often does.

Tommy Smith

Referee
No, it is more that it is enjoyable because certain Broncos fans were saying for months that Napa was signing with the Broncos that it was a deadset certainty.
They even had the audacity to suggest that they were going to get him for 2017. Because we totally entertained the idea of releasing him I'm sure!

Whether I'm a Roosters fan or a fan of the other 14 clubs, we all enjoy basking in the failure of Brisbane Inc.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Cronulla Sharks sign Ben Barba to one-year deal, NRL training ban stands

PREMIERS Cronulla will shortly announce they have re-signed suspended fullback Ben Barba as the club manoeuvres to fast-track his return to training.

But with the 2012 Dally Medallist serving a 12-game suspension for a positive cocaine test the NRL is expected to stand firm and maintain Barba is banned from training.

The Sharks are expected to push for the World Club Challenge and Auckland Nines to count as part of Barba’s suspension.

But the NRL is again expected to ignore this request and insist the earliest Barba can return is round 13 this year.

The champion fullback was hit with a 12-match ban and fined five percent of his annual salary after returning a positive test for cocaine after grand final celebrations.

It was Barba’s second strike in terms of positive tests, with the Sharks opting to tear up his existing contract last year.

Barba has since been to a rehabilitation facility in Thailand and also worked on a building site.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=FoxSportsAus

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lol at hoping the Auckland 9s would be included in his ban. Maybe they'll argue next that a full contact training session will count as one week of his ban too.

I have to give the Sharks credit though. Sacking Barba then re-signing him at below half price and using that spare money to sign Segeyaro. That's genius.

AJB1102

First Grade
Lol at hoping the Auckland 9s would be included in his ban. Maybe they'll argue next that a full contact training session will count as one week of his ban too.

I have to give the Sharks credit though. Sacking Barba then re-signing him at below half price and using that spare money to sign Segeyaro. That's genius.

Should go for each match at the 9's featuring Cronulla to count towards his ban unless they specifically say it has to be 12 80 minute matches. But I'm a biased merkin too.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
when he does come back to training there has to be at least one player giggle when the coach is telling ben to hit the right lines

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not huge signing news but Josh Aloiai extended his contract til the end of 2019 with Wests. Big aggressive kid who came on late in the year. Liked what I saw last year so hopefully he can continue to improve and be a very valuable player.

chigurh

Sims has signed with Brisbane for $85 000 according to Fox Sports.

That's a pretty good deal for the Broncos.

super_coach

First Grade
The Bronks now offer work for the dole and internships. Let's face it player are willing to play for nothing or next to nothing just to return to Brisbane or play under uncle Wayne

Ray McKigney

Juniors
Let's face it player are willing to play for nothing or next to nothing just to return to Brisbane or play under uncle Wayne
Exactly. Yet some people think they're cheating the cap because of their low self esteem. I think the Broncos have the best recruitment easily for 2017 albeit they lost some huge stars like Parker, Wallace and Reed.

Glad you agree.