What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

RazorRam0n

Juniors
It is , Weststigers reached out to their massive list of rich contacts and Croyden Park Dogfoods has chipped in to make up the shortfall.

lol i would have believed it if you said campbo smash repairs....they've at least got money

Iafeta

Referee
Good luck Ben. He's had a number of POTY awards at the Warriors. I wish we still could shoulder charge, he lost his defensive mojo when that went. Came through in the same 20s team as Sonny Fai, and he was dominant. Not well known but he actually signed with Newcastle as a teenager but got homesick.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
in fact here are my exact comments on his potential signing

Who do we need to recruit in 2018?

you were saying?

So you're just confirming then that you don't know what you're talking about?

Matulino played all of last season on one leg, which is the one he had fixed during the off season. would love to know these chronic injury and weight issues you're talking about. Last year was the first real ongoing injury he had to deal with on a week to week basis, not bad for a guy who has played 9 seasons in the front row.

He's coming up to his 200th game in his 9th season having made his debut in round 14 2008. So he really hasn't missed that many games. Wouldn't be surprised if he was suspended more than he was injured.

I think some Tigers fans are overrating certain aspects of his game, but that's what happens when you get a new signing, you focus on the good things they will bring to the team, and Matulino definitely has a lot of upside. Nothing like you describe in your quote.

For what it's worth he was easily our best forward in 2015 before the injury.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
So you're just confirming then that you don't know what you're talking about?

Matulino played all of last season on one leg, which is the one he had fixed during the off season. would love to know these chronic injury and weight issues you're talking about. Last year was the first real ongoing injury he had to deal with on a week to week basis, not bad for a guy who has played 9 seasons in the front row.

He's coming up to his 200th game in his 9th season having made his debut in round 14 2008. So he really hasn't missed that many games. Wouldn't be surprised if he was suspended more than he was injured.

I think some Tigers fans are overrating certain aspects of his game, but that's what happens when you get a new signing, you focus on the good things they will bring to the team, and Matulino definitely has a lot of upside. Nothing like you describe in your quote.

For what it's worth he was easily our best forward in 2015 before the injury.

lol what exactly in your ramble have you said that's different to mine?

played injured and out of form for past 2 seasona and is getting on = dumbed down

point was it is a risk over 3 seasons especially on the $ reported.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

played injured and out of form for past 2 seasona and is getting on = dumbed down

I think dumbed down is correct, just not in the way you think it applies.

Lol @ you for thinking what we said is the same thing after half that crap you made up.

Radical Rat

Juniors

Getting on? He's 28 and should be coming into his prime years for a prop.

You sure do have a lot of opinions for someone that doesn't know shit.

Clifferd

Coach

The deal is 475k a year. The 700k figure is complete bs

RazorRam0n

Juniors
I think dumbed down is correct, just not in the way you think it applies.

Lol @ you for thinking what we said is the same thing after half that crap you made up.

i'm very comfortable with what i wrote, i'd suggest how you're scratching for detail says you're compelled to try justifying his signing in light of a valid point

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Getting on? He's 28 and should be coming into his prime years for a prop.

You sure do have a lot of opinions for someone that doesn't know shit.

29 next season for a prop who hasn't been at his best since he was 25 and 32 by the time he retires.

declining props like him are gone long before 30s.

Clifferd

Coach
the truth is probably somewhere in between but still overs, and like i said it's the 3 year contract thats most concerning.

Meh

We were about to pay around 900k + for woods

We are going to be paying around half that for an equal if not better prop next year

I'm not complaining

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Meh

We were about to pay around 900k + for woods

We are going to be paying around half that for an equal if not better prop next year

I'm not complaining

i get that you're all trying to down play woods's value to the club given the environment....

but he's had 3 standout performances this season and your side has completely gone to shit when he's been benched for a breather

equal if not better is just delusional

TheDMC

Bench
he was a quality forward.

if he was a certainty to return to his best, the warriors would have re-signed him already

Your laughably full of shit, Your analysis of Matulino is utterly pulled out of your azz. Go post in rumours section...

Great signing for Tigs, and big loss for the warriors.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Your laughably full of shit, Your analysis of Matulino is utterly pulled out of your azz. Go post in rumours section...

Great signing for Tigs, and big loss for the warriors.

he was playing 80 minutes for a forward when he was at his best, that was nearly 2 years ago.

his last half decent game was against the knights last year early rounds, after that his minutes and output have plummeted to the point of 29 minutes against cows by end of season and 34 ironically against your mob after that.

like i said, for what he's done for the warriors, he'd be snapped up already if he was showing signs of getting back to his best.

TheDMC

Bench
he was playing 80 minutes for a forward when he was at his best, that was nearly 2 years ago.

his last half decent game was against the knights last year early rounds, after that his minutes and output have plummeted to the point of 29 minutes against cows by end of season and 34 ironically against your mob after that.

like i said, for what he's done for the warriors, he'd be snapped up already if he was showing signs of getting back to his best.

My mob? I'm a warriors fan lol.

Latest posts