What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

POPEYE

Coach
he gets the loyalty discount under the cap doesn't he?
What both he and Souths should get is the right to have him play for nothing under the salary cap. If Souths were willing to pay him a million bucks a year so what, there needs to be a line drawn over which loyalty is the winner . . . the temporary world the NRL hierarchy enforce is f**king carcinogenic

Travitoh

First Grade
What both he and Souths should get is the right to have him play for nothing under the salary cap. If Souths were willing to pay him a million bucks a year so what, there needs to be a line drawn over which loyalty is the winner . . . the temporary world the NRL hierarchy enforce is f**king carcinogenic

How many seasons though? 10? 12? 15? I agree with it but it should be used as a tool to help a player finish his career and retire at the club and not as a tool for stacking the squad.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Being able to just match what the esl is prepared to throw at twilight year players should.be enough for the allowance for one club players to finish where they started instead of being squeezed out

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/41413682

Leeds Rhinos have signed prop Nathaniel Peteru from Australian National Rugby League side Gold Coast Titans on a three-year contract.

New Zealand-born Peteru, 25, has also played for New Zealand Warriors in the NRL and joins the Rhinos ahead for the 2018 season.

"I know they have a winning culture and that is something I want to be part of," Peteru told the club website.

"I want to come to England and take my game to the next level."

Rhinos chief executive Gary Hetherington says Peteru is an "outstanding signing" who he expects to make a significant impact at the club.

"He's a big man with outstanding ball-handling skills and his style is ideally suited to the Super League and Leeds Rhinos," he said.

"His signing is another key building block in the foundation of the Leeds Rhinos team, which will continue to evolve over the next few years."

Leeds take on Hull on Friday in their play-off semi-final as they chase their eighth Grand Final win.

POPEYE

Coach
How many seasons though? 10? 12? 15? I agree with it but it should be used as a tool to help a player finish his career and retire at the club and not as a tool for stacking the squad.
Every one-club player should be granted a concession under the cap from year one, how much he gets paid should be dictated by how well he plays . . . I'd give a club a 25% head start in negotiations. After 12 years I reckon a player should be free. Only players that leave should feel the full brunt of the cap

Unfortunately some players would be victimized by their leaving by way of overpricing themselves, some times through no fault of their own but the cap was originally designed to stop poaching . . . supporters of clubs are the biggest losers, the game itself doesn't give a shit who plays where

I disagree with the whole "cap free after so many years" concept.

One of the great differences between our game and some of the others around is that generally when blokes get too old and useless they are fobbed off to the UK or they retire.

Nothing worse than seeing blokes in their mid 30's taking up a spot that could be inhabited by some young gun.

I realise this is ironic considering its my club that's just sent Sutton around again but I'm actually quite unhappy that he has been re-signed and we've let Jack Gosiewski sign with Manly. Should have been the other way around.

Sutton has been cooked for years. He has been a defensive target for opposition teams for long while now because his lateral movement is up to shit.

As I said earlier, he should have retired in 2014 when he held up the trophy.

M2D2

Bench
I disagree with the whole "cap free after so many years" concept.

One of the great differences between our game and some of the others around is that generally when blokes get too old and useless they are fobbed off to the UK or they retire.

Nothing worse than seeing blokes in their mid 30's taking up a spot that could be inhabited by some young gun.

I realise this is ironic considering its my club that's just sent Sutton around again but I'm actually quite unhappy that he has been re-signed and we've let Jack Gosiewski sign with Manly. Should have been the other way around.

Sutton has been cooked for years. He has been a defensive target for opposition teams for long while now because his lateral movement is up to shit.

As I said earlier, he should have retired in 2014 when he held up the trophy.
f**k youre stupid. Youre salary cap is f**ked because what the NRL made you do with Burgess, you need all the solid experienced players on low coin you can muster.