What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

M2D2

Bench
When he plays in the halves, sure. But when hes playing second row, not really, Especially not compared to the dropsies in the burgesses.

When he plays in the halves, sure. But when hes playing second row, not really, Especially not compared to the dropsies in the burgesses.

Sutton is gassed after five minutes. His lateral movement is rubbish and he is also horribly slow. He sits on an edge in defense, usually inside Adam Reynolds and the combination of small guy next to slow moving not very laterally mobile forward has been a big target of opposition teams for the past couple of years. You should have your best forward defenders next to your halves, not your worst.

The only way he remains relevant next year is if they use him for 20 minutes off the bench. If they continue to try and extract long minutes from him it will be a train wreck again as it has been for the last few years.

M2D2

Bench
Sutton is gassed after five minutes. His lateral movement is rubbish and he is also horribly slow. He sits on an edge in defense, usually inside Adam Reynolds and the combination of small guy next to slow moving not very laterally mobile forward has been a big target of opposition teams for the past couple of years. You should have your best forward defenders next to your halves, not your worst.

The only way he remains relevant next year is if they use him for 20 minutes off the bench. If they continue to try and extract long minutes from him it will be a train wreck again as it has been for the last few years.
Only 30 MT all year compared to 50+ for two of the burgesses, when they also played less games than Sutton.
Also less line break assists, Decent run meters. only 11 errors all year. One less tackle bust than Sammy.
I think you may have an agenda in play here.

Only 30 MT all year compared to 50+ for two of the burgesses, when they also played less games than Sutton.
Also less line break assists, Decent run meters. only 11 errors all year. One less tackle bust than Sammy.
I think you may have an agenda in play here.

Stats are rubbish. Doesn't count as a miss if you can't even get there to make an attempt.

Mr Spock!

Referee
John Sutton can play for Souths as long as he wants as far as I'm concerned.

He's earned it when he could have left long ago for more money and success.

We saw heaps of players leave for more cash and we moaned about their lack of loyalty.

Time for supporters to show some here.

SBD82

Coach
John Sutton can play for Souths as long as he wants as far as I'm concerned.

He's earned it when he could have left long ago for more money and success.

We saw heaps of players leave for more cash and we moaned about their lack of loyalty.

Time for supporters to show some here.
Exactly how long should a club carry a shit player out of loyalty?

M2D2

Bench
Considering he didnt play shit, especially compared to alot of your big name big coin players and hes your premiership winning captain. Another year is good.
Souths is my family team, so i watch souths alot. I honestly think its laughable you think he was shit and want him gone especially with how little money he would be on. and DKOR is talking utter shit. You do NOT have any solid experienced forwards. You have the error riddled burgesses and alot of young kids. You need as many good heads for the game in the coach transition.

SBD82

Coach
Considering he didnt play shit, especially compared to alot of your big name big coin players and hes your premiership winning captain. Another year is good.
Souths is my family team, so i watch souths alot. I honestly think its laughable you think he was shit and want him gone especially with how little money he would be on. and DKOR is talking utter shit. You do NOT have any solid experienced forwards. You have the error riddled burgesses and alot of young kids. You need as many good heads for the game in the coach transition.
Not my team mate. I'm a dragons supporter. Happy to see souths be shit, just saying that Sutton is contributing to that.

You obviously see something in him that I don't. I would t want him at my club. I'd hazard a guess you wouldn't want him at yours either.

M2D2

Bench
I wouldnt want him at my club because Cronulla is already stacked with Experienced second rowers and we wouldnt get a salary cap exemption for him so it would defeat the purpose that Sutton fills for Souths.
Sutton isnt why Souths were shit this year. The moment they lost Inglis in round 1 their season was on life support due to Keary leaving as well. Their error riddled football and not sticking to a constant spine all year was the final nail in that coffin.

SBD82

Coach
I wouldnt want him at my club because Cronulla is already stacked with Experienced second rowers and we wouldnt get a salary cap exemption for him so it would defeat the purpose that Sutton fills for Souths.
Sutton isnt why Souths were shit this year. The moment they lost Inglis in round 1 their season was on life support due to Keary leaving as well. Their error riddled football and not sticking to a constant spine all year was the final nail in that coffin.
He's not the only reason they were shit, imo he was one of the reasons.

Where is this experienced head that he allegedly brings to the team? Where has it been for the past 2 years?

M2D2

Bench
probably left it Arizona
7b09cf46598edb7a10cb28834dac0c03

*giggles*

But in all seriousness, ive seen many games he tried to calm the boys down and lead straight.
He cant help it if a burgess knocks it on in the next play.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
probably left it Arizona
7b09cf46598edb7a10cb28834dac0c03

*giggles*

But in all seriousness, ive seen many games he tried to calm the boys down and lead straight.
He cant help it if a burgess knocks it on in the next play.

You make some valid points but I don't think he can play the full 80 anymore. There's been a lot of moments late in the game where he has just been passenger in defence causing a lot of trouble for Walker. If Sutton does go around another year I would hate it to be an 80 minute second row gig. I think he is much better suited to less minutes where he can be really effective running the ball whilst less of a liability in defence. The rise of fuimaono also makes his position hard to hold. I'd honestly split the minutes between Sutton and fuimaono evenly. Or maybe 50/30.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
It seems he was resigned on the cheap and so he can join the "300" club. But for me, if his form from the last 2 years carries through to 2018, then he'll fall about 22 games shy of the club.
It's up to him and Siebold to get him there, previously he was being picked out of part favouritism loyalty and nostalgia.

It seems he was resigned on the cheap and so he can join the "300" club. But for me, if his form from the last 2 years carries through to 2018, then he'll fall about 22 games shy of the club.
It's up to him and Siebold to get him there, previously he was being picked out of part favouritism loyalty and nostalgia.

He has 283 FG games so needs 17 next year to reach 300.

He played all 24 in 2017.