What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed USA Teams for 2014

expansionist

Juniors
as someone watching from afar my thoughts are:

Fairly comfortable the AMNRL has gone

Very dissapointed the USARL couldnt bend over a little bit more to facilitate the AMNRL clubs, and so effectively end the feud once and for all.

I just hope the left over players dont go to union for a season.. then weve all lost

byrner

Juniors
Why not just create a conference for them to play in this year and then join next?

Hopefully this means the end to the AMNRL and the USARL are the new gov body.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
I gotta laugh at Mr Knight's complaint of lack of transparency from the USARL. I made enquiries for months to ascertain who was running the AMNRL and not one reply.

Even though it would have been good to see the USARL accommodate the 5 AMNRL sides into the comp, I can understand the reservations especially given that the 5 teams approached the USARL as a bloc rather than individual clubs and the disruptions it will cause with the late notice.

I feel for the players who aren't involved with the politics, they must be frustrated at the state of play but hopefully now the USARL can garner some solidarity behind them and create a robust governing body that can take the game forward in the US.

joshreading

Staff member
It would be good to see the USARL teams that miss the play offs and or have a bye offer to play the teams
that presently are now not in a League. Rhode Island have already played Southampton, so I think it could be great.

The reality is that most of the teams in the former AMNRL appear stronger than the Baltimore Blues. Next year it might be best to create a two tiered League with some opportunity at cross League games and promotion.

Losing 102 - nil is not good for anyone. Maybe some of the spare AMNRL players will support the Blues, it could be a very long season.

druzik

Juniors
Why not just create a conference for them to play in this year and then join next?

Hopefully this means the end to the AMNRL and the USARL are the new gov body.

Nothing stopping the former AMNRL teams from still playing this year if they want in their own competition and then make formal submissions for next years USARL season at the AGM in December/January.

Latest posts