What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats James Tedesco - Origin 3 fullback

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Wests Tigers No.1 James Tedesco has claimed his first NSW VB Blues jersey after coach Laurie Daley named the 23-year-old at fullback for Game III of the 2016 Holden State of Origin Series.

Tedesco will join Cronulla Sharks back-rower Wade Graham, who was denied his first crack at Origin in Game II due to suspension, as the two debutants in the side.

Bryce Cartwright (Panthers) and brothers Jake and Tom Trbojevic (Sea Eagles) were also named as development players.
http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2016/07/04/nsw_vb_blues_origin_.html

Clifferd

Coach
Absolutely stoked for him to get his debut, can see a long & successful career in the Blues #1

Would rather him play for the Tigers this weekend though

Tigerted

Juniors
Good luck & congrats to teddy although would've preferred it if we had a bye this round as the dogs game is critical re our chances of making the 8.Anyway more importantly is the hopefully successful endeavours of the club to sign teddy long term.

Tiger05

First Grade
Absolutely stoked for him to get his debut, can see a long & successful career in the Blues #1

Would rather him play for the Tigers this weekend though

I was hoping he wouldn't be picked. It's a dead game.

simmo1

First Grade
Thoroughly deserved.

Yes it sucks he's not there on the weekend, but the big game experience will be invaluable for him should we make the finals.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Stoked for Teddy, well deserved!

From a selfish point of view though we really needed him for the Bulldogs. Rankin is the likely replacement, lets hope he has a blinder.

How Moylan and Dugan get picked over Teddy was LOL Material. NSW Management/Coaching is so laughable it's comedy gold

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Hard to argue against him being the best fullback in the game.

I think his selection alone will put extra bums on seats in a game thats not a decider.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I may be a bit biased, but I had him down for MOTM. Mighty debut.

Clifferd

Coach
His running game was on point but think he could have passed the ball a bit more

Woods and Teddy two of three best on field imo, sounds biased but I really think so

And Farah warmed the bench for the 1st 20 minutes ... sorry that's NRL.

JT can you believe that Daley played Farah for 80 minutes, that's just ridiculous isn't it?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Although some of his passes were quite shit.

Looked like we has playing halfback a lot of the time in the second half.

phatnonphatness

Juniors
I thought Teddy went alright, but certainly not MOTM. He seemed to be second guessing himself and didn't always take the right option (did he pass more than once?). His positioning wasn't as strong as it usually is either. Could just be nerves though, and to be fair he wasn't regularly receiving good ball.

Excited to see what he'll do next year with the proper preparation and (hopefully) some actual plays instead of just passing it to him hoping he does something.

I can't believe the Tigers have a better game plan on how to use him than NSW :confused:.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I don't think he had many chances to get a clean pass away from an attacking position. Better to hold it than to throw a loose pass and hope like we've seen from the likes of Jennings.
Also had his nose busted by the passionate Thurston in the first half.
I hope the refs crack down on the Tedesco hunting very soon - he is copping hits to the head every week.