What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats Roosters

ChiaPete

Juniors
I must say congratulations to the Roosters on a terrific performance tonight. They have talked themselves up all week saying their forwards will smash my beloved Dogs. I won't say they smashed the Bulldogs but they did control the Bulldogs both in attack and defence. The Roosters came ready to play the Bulldogs at their best in turn we weren't allowed to play at our best.
Congratulations Roosters, as much as it hurts to say you earnt that win tonight, we were outplayed :cry:

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Exactly right, the Roosters had simply outplayed the Bulldogs and as you say they controlled them in both attack and defence. The Bulldogs tried hard, but in the end you cannot match that sort of defence. Every Roosters player who played in the back row, Ricketson, Morley, Fitzgibbon, Flannery and Crocker all had good games and was hard to pick a standout. Craig Wing as well had a good game, making breaks from dummy half and making some good tackles. Chris Walker got more involved and scored two good tries.

But the player of the match, was Adrian Morley. He was the most dangerous player on the field tonight and his attack and defence were awesome. He is the key to the Roosters.

Good luck to them in the GF next week, they are gonna be hard to beat.

Interesting stat to come out tonight the first time since 1998, that at least one team has played in two consecutive grand finals.

Moffo

Referee
Yeh, congrats go to the Roosters, they played a great game that in effect beat us by the 20min mark

Cheers,
Moffo

Moffo said:
Yeh, congrats go to the Roosters, they played a great game that in effect beat us by the 20min mark

Cheers,
Moffo
I honestly didn't think the beat the dogs until the 8 min mark. The Dogs are capable of scoring tries from anywhere.

Both teams played a great game worthy of semi final football. I just hope that the game tommorrow will be just as good. It will be a hard act to follow.

sydraider

First Grade
The one thing that made me laugh the most about last night was the fact that the roosters fans walked out of the stadium acting like they have already won the comp. Fact is the dogs have never reached the heights of last year this season. Whoever wins out of the warriors and the panthers will give the roosters a hell of a tough time next week.
Im not discrediting the roosters win by no means, they were the better team by a mile last night, all im saying is the dogs never emulated the heights they were at last yr b4 the cap scandal.
I think the winner of the warriors and panthers will take the roosters next week, just my opinion ;-)

millersnose

Post Whore
great game

thing is i thought the dogs played hard

but the roosters jugernaut is back

will have to see who the cannonfodder is for next week

Rooster Alex

Juniors
sydraider said:
The one thing that made me laugh the most about last night was the fact that the roosters fans walked out of the stadium acting like they have already won the comp. Fact is the dogs have never reached the heights of last year this season.
Our third Grand final in 4 years, I think we know how to celebrate Grand Final week. It's been so long for the faders since their last that you've forgotten how much fun that week can be.

Not mention that most of us were happy because we settled the bulldogs argument. Can't help it if that came a week too early, blame the Warriors.

dice

Juniors
sydraider said:
The one thing that made me laugh the most about last night was the fact that the roosters fans walked out of the stadium acting like they have already won the comp.

Nah mate. We were just happy to knock out the team who tried to discredit our premiership win last year. We all know the GF will be a tough game regardless who we meet.

Moffo

Referee
dice said:
sydraider said:
The one thing that made me laugh the most about last night was the fact that the roosters fans walked out of the stadium acting like they have already won the comp.

Nah mate. We were just happy to knock out the team who tried to discredit our premiership win last year. We all know the GF will be a tough game regardless who we meet.

Who exactly tried to discredit your team directly for what happened in 2002?

Cheers,
Moffo

Raider_69

Post Whore
Rooster Alex said:
sydraider said:
The one thing that made me laugh the most about last night was the fact that the roosters fans walked out of the stadium acting like they have already won the comp. Fact is the dogs have never reached the heights of last year this season.

It's been so long for the faders since their last that you've forgotten how much fun that week can be.

First of all dont worry we will be there next year, we have a young team and the best depth in the comp as shown by our PL, Flegg and SG Ball results.... although now that i have said that the Roosters reps are probably head down to the ACT as we speak...... :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that team you refered to as the "faiders" took your roosters to the wire in the first game and IMO would have have won the 2nd if our halves didnt get injured.......

I hope you can make it to the GF to watch your team, and may i suggest you watch the might of the raiders PL team go around..... provided they beat the dragons today

rossy

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Rooster Alex said:
sydraider said:

It's been so long for the faders since their last that you've forgotten how much fun that week can be.

First of all dont worry we will be there next year, we have a young team and the best depth in the comp as shown by our PL, Flegg and SG Ball results.... although now that i have said that the Roosters reps are probably head down to the ACT as we speak...... :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that team you refered to as the "faiders" took your roosters to the wire in the first game and IMO would have have won the 2nd if our halves didnt get injured.......

I hope you can make it to the GF to watch your team, and may i suggest you watch the might of the raiders PL team go around..... provided they beat the dragons today

Who needs to win a 1st grade premiership. We all just live for Premier League.

:lol:

BTW Sydraider, your bitterness is showing.

Raider_69

Post Whore
rossy said:
Raider_69 said:
Rooster Alex said:
sydraider said:

Who needs to win a 1st grade premiership. We all just live for Premier League.

:lol:

BTW Sydraider, your bitterness is showing.

i hope you relise how much of a dickhead you just sounded like.... winning comps in PL = good juniors that will provide a good 1st grade team thus = to NRL Premierships

you idiot, the word juniors might have had you confussed..... i know the roosters dont have them so i understand

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Rooster Alex said:
sydraider said:
Our third Grand final in 4 years, I think we know how to celebrate Grand Final week. It's been so long for the faders since their last that you've forgotten how much fun that week can be.

Not mention that most of us were happy because we settled the bulldogs argument. Can't help it if that came a week too early, blame the Warriors.
The Bulldogs argument? The Bulldogs showed that they weren't going to be a force in the finals two weeks ago. In this series they've put on one good performance, one average one (last night) and one shocker (against the Warriors). I don't thing they were ever going to win the title after that debacle. It's a bit like lasty year when the Warriors got hammered by the chooks 44-0 just before the finals series. I think that in retrospect that performance meant that we were never a realistic chance of getting over the Chooks in a GF, and thats how it bore out. I'ts all about momentum, although I'm pleased to say all three sides left have that, although the week off might not be kind to Penrith.

rossy

Juniors
i hope you relise how much of a dickhead you just sounded like.... winning comps in PL = good juniors that will provide a good 1st grade team thus = to NRL Premierships

you idiot, the word juniors might have had you confussed..... i know the roosters dont have them so i understand

I seem to recall that the Roosters won Flegg & 1st Grade last year. Your juniors are so strong you had to buy up a bunch of ex-Parra players to make a showing. Not a lot of juniors there now, are there.

Misty Bee

First Grade
rossy said:

I seem to recall that the Roosters won Flegg & 1st Grade last year. Your juniors are so strong you had to buy up a bunch of ex-Parra players to make a showing. Not a lot of juniors there now, are there.

Gee, we are a sore winner, aren't we!

I recall this thread was a congratulatory one for the Rrosters great schievement. I must add my congratulations to the Chooks and all their fans - except for you!!!