What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations Brett Kimmorley

millersnose

Post Whore
Yes a shark has picked up the man of the series award in the test series against great britain

a quieter game in the third one still did enough to be voted best on the field overall in the 3 games

this against what i consider to be the best GB side i have seen - certainly defensively

it is good to know that we have such an elite player as evidenced by his ability to win games almost single handedly over the last 2 years

The Popper

Bench
Yep, Schnoz. It certainly gives us reason to feel proud as Sharks supporters. First time for a while. It's a good feeling.
And Yep again. IMO, this is the best performed Pommie team since 1970. They may not have won, but every game was in the balance til the death.

Jimbo

Immortal
True that. Kimmorley has again shown us what a class act he is, and why we're so lucky to have him.

Well done Noddy :D

incredible_holc

Juniors
though ill say he played well but thats pommy prop (name?) was the best player all series.

Kimmorley was at his hospital passing, inside balling, predictable best this series. He did a few great things which overshadowed these characteristics but there was still no depth or variety in the game. Australia is just luck GB choked in all 3 games.

Frenzy

Juniors
incredible_holc said:
though ill say he played well but thats pommy prop (name?) was the best player all series.

Kimmorley was at his hospital passing, inside balling, predictable best this series. He did a few great things which overshadowed these characteristics but there was still no depth or variety in the game. Australia is just luck GB choked in all 3 games.

OH NO, they've killed Kenny........................

.................and cloned reefy as well. :Lol:

ali

Bench
incredible_holc said:

Stuart Fieldon. Close to the best prop in the world for mine.

Kimmorley was great though, especially game 2. But with the game plan of Anderson coached teams revolving around him, its not too hard to look good. I thought Lockyer was the best today.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Right on Ali.
Feildon = outstanding.
Big call best in the world however.
To be that you have to play in the NRL week in & week out.
Not have weeks & weeks off due to injuries or suspension. eg. Morley been in the NRL 4 seasons, played 2.
Webcke apeared in 8 seasons. Played 8 seasons.

ghoti

Bench
It was great to see Kimmorley stick it up his critics like he's done to Chris Anderson so, so many times in the past. Good onya Noddy, you did us proud.

It was a great team effort by the Aussies. They were far from the stongest Aussie team that's played for the Ashes. I doubt that that this English team is better than teams that went with an ace of beating Australia. I really think some of the Australian teams of the 80's and early 90's would have easily beaten the current English team. Those Australian teams were full of legends like Meninga, Lewis, ET, Stuart, Daley, and Johns.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yeah spot on Shero.
Those Aussie teams had no shortage of legends who were trying their guts out & the pommes just missed the target on a few occassions. Refereeing in those days did not assist the Aussies cause either.
I am only impressed with the pommes because they have turned around a 70 point defecit in such a short time.
Not because they have improved on the the 80's pomme squads, which IMO, they haven't.

Morpheus

Juniors
A wonderful series by the little number 7 and we are blessed to have a player that is genuinely challenging Johns again as the worlds top halfback.

What worries me is that regardless of Kimmorleys form, and the fact Anderson has had a winning series, pretty solid talk of team discontent and in-fighting again surrounds a team that includes our two men, Brett and Chris.

Booyah

Bench
I hope all those Kimmorley bashers enjoyed their portions of Humble-pie this morning.

Good on him. He has done something that not even the likes of Stuart, Langer and Johns have been able to replicate with a star-studded Australian team - a series clean sweep

Onya Noddy. We're all proud of you back home.