What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations Cowboys

The calm one

Juniors
After watching the game last night, it just goes to show far sheer guts and determination will get you even though the majority think you are the underdog.

We got best by Souths, Newcastle and Canterbury in the lead up to the finals, where is our guts and determination

BennyV

Referee
It's a culture through that club that sprouts from their coach and senior players desire to be the best.

Meanwhile, our coach blames anyone and everyone for oir failures, even when he publicly states that our target is to win 50% of games.

They deserved to take our finals spot.

JDHD

Juniors
Paul Green can obviously get his team up.

When's his contract up at the Cowboys?

2018 is his last contract year. I'd certainly have a look at him. However, he's got a bit of the Brian Smiths about him. There are stories of him denying players a mid week day off to go to a relative's wedding or a christening because 'is that going to win us a premiership?'

Again, I'd definitely look at him. He's a premiership winning coach and the best coach outside of Bellamy or Bennett at the moment. I'd just remember that that kind of 'sleep when you're dead' behaviour is fine when you're winning but when you're losing...yeah.

TruSaint

Referee
2018 is his last contract year. I'd certainly have a look at him. However, he's got a bit of the Brian Smiths about him. There are stories of him denying players a mid week day off to go to a relative's wedding or a christening because 'is that going to win us a premiership?'

Again, I'd definitely look at him. He's a premiership winning coach and the best coach outside of Bellamy or Bennett at the moment. I'd just remember that that kind of 'sleep when you're dead' behaviour is fine when you're winning but when you're losing...yeah.

Interesting.. didnt know he was such a hard marker on personal issues, eg wedding etc.

From an outsiders view, with no knowledge of this stuff, he seems level headed, astute, articulate and I think he has achieved a great deal, with more to come. I rate the guy.

JDHD

Juniors
Interesting.. didnt know he was such a hard marker on personal issues, eg wedding etc.

From an outsiders view, with no knowledge of this stuff, he seems level headed, astute, articulate and I think he has achieved a great deal, with more to come. I rate the guy.

I still do. Just something to be aware of if the club goes down that path

Red V for life

Juniors

Thanks for the info mate.

I must say, with the taste of disappointment still fresh on the lips from...well the last 5 years to be honest, gotta love the "is that going to win us a premiership?" attitude.

SEAT 1A

Bench
I had them written off 10 weeks ago.
Egg on face.

Terrific effort, again without key players for so long, ... very impressive.

Credit where its due.
Green has done an amazing job to get these guys up in big games.

Had them gone as soon as Scott was injured. We couldn't do it for one game and their club did it all season, food for thought Mary.

hewi

Bench
With no Dragons there, go the Cowboys. Beat the Roosters then probably the Storm. Of the four remaining teams it's only the cowboys I want to win it. Il scream the house down for them!!!

Latest posts