What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations guys

PARRA_FAN

Coach
First of all I'd like to congratulate Michael Searle and the boys for getting the thumbs up, and the people on the Gold Coast who had crying for a team for years.

I remember when I came there for a holiday in October last year, there were signs in front of people's houses saying "We want a team", "16th team for us", "Say yes to us NRL". Then I saw a lot of people wearing jersies, Broncos, Sharks, Eels etc. Also there was heaps of Rugby League talk in local newspapers, local pubs, RUGBY LEAGUE talk in October. You dont often get that down in Sydney, imagine the talk during the Rugby League season. And I thought to myself "hey I reckon they deserve a team". There's so many passionate Rugby League supporters, and many of them are NSW ex-pats who moved to the Gold Coast. It is the fastest growing population in Australia.

Well done NRL have admitting Gold Coast to the 2007 competition.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I agree

a huge amount of credit here should go to Mick Searle, without whom, this may never have eventuated

Hindyscrack

Bench
A Parramatta ex-pat myself. Very excited about the news

I think it was a case of you dont know what you've got til it's gone up here. I cant wait for a new team, new stadium to be built. This is a league town, you only need to look at the train loads of people heading to the origin game on wednesday leaving from the coast. Full train at Nerang.

Best bit, i dont have to travel over an hour to watch a game of top class footy (even though i probably will a 5 or so times a year).

Skinner

Coach
Yep, onya guys, must be a great feeling. Really looking forward to watching the
team compete.

Cheers
Skinner

ozbash

Referee
well done to the coast, i had hoped the orcas might have had a show but obviously its a bit soon for that.

hope they go well.

Kingytek

Juniors
I know for a fact ALOT of man hours went into making this happen. Congrats for the GC bid team!

Cammo

Bench
Congrats to the Gold Coast, the good crowd tonight is a good sign that your new team will be very popular as well.