What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations on Your Win

pantherz9103

First Grade
Congratulations Dragons on your 28-8 win over the mighty Panthers.
I had a feeling we'd suck when I looked at our team. Two nevilles in the halves and you had Barrett and Head, and why the hell was Hornby dropped from NSW, very unlucky.

Anyway well done and I'm glad we don't have to play you again, unless we meet in the semis, which you can gaurantee as another win since we suck against you :roll:

Nugby

Juniors
actually I think Ben Rogers had a pretty good first game, got us caught in goal with a perfect weughted kick at one point and we're a pretty good team at avoiding that

Saint 60

Juniors
Ask Phil Gould - dam hes a wank
\-yup- liked the game but feeling a bit for the Pennys....

what i did see was Barrett not looking so good, did i c an injured rib...?

Cheers for that BTBBA.

----------------------------------------
Things are good - Ryles and Timmins return next week ---

Nugby

Juniors
didn't notice, but I wasn't looking for it, hope Matty Johns is right for once in his miserable scummer life and there was no injuries from us

Saint 60

Juniors
dam that withers tackle was a trooper!
his stats on the saints site say hes 6.ft 1 (withers)
lol he hits like it --- :clap:

weasel

First Grade
It wasn't the best performance. Neither side played particularly well at all, but Penrith's lack of class in the halves was decisive. I thought we butchered maybe four tries or so and I would have liked maybe one or two more just to boost our for and against in a game where basically that seemed the only thing worth playing for. While I don't think our team performance was particularly great some of our individuals were spectacular. Matthew Head- breaking the line a few times, producing some spectacular kicks. Dean Young went forward well all night. Ben Hornby did some very good things at fullback. The best of the bunch I thought was Matt Cooper. He was just amazing, seeming to break tackles every time he got the ball and threatening to cut loose outwide. If it wasn't for Willie Tonga's virtuoso performance last week it would have been one of the best games I've seen a centre play for a while and if the Blues side was being picked this weekend and not last it would be an outrage if he had only been eighteenth man. The bust he made in the second half where he ran sixty metres or so before being cut short twenty metres out was stunning. Phil Gould seemed to be drooling over Trent Barrett's performance, and also gave a big wrap to Lance Thompson. I will not be suprised at all if, depending on NSW's performance this week, Barrett, Cooper and Thompson all find themselves in Blues jerseys come Game 3.

Chook

First Grade
Good win Dragons. I thought it would be a lot closer than 20 points, but your young guys blew the premiers away.

Well done.

Chook.

Anonymous

Juniors
weasel said:
I thought we butchered maybe four tries.
At least 4 tries. Once Barrett had unmarked blokes left and right but went by himself. But he set up plenty of other plays so he should be fairly happy with his return.

Saints definitely started throwing caution to the wind later on... I figured it was because they knew they were on top and decided that the scoring opportunities would keep on coming.

Have to agree about the individual performances. That was a tremendous run from Matt Cooper. Mathew Head was sensational again and Dean Young and Ashton Sims were stand outs up front.

And Phil Gould again turned it on with his extraordinary interpretations & apparent belief that only one team was playing. His commentary was best when he was away from the microphone.

Munky

Coach
Congrats on the win.

If only we had a backline.

That said I thought that you guys had plenty of go forward but Thompson didn't appear to do that much from where I was sitting.

Your right winger is a goose.

Biglance

Bench
i thought claytons first try was a bit doggey hornby did a fantastic effort to do wat he did and withers was robbed of the first before halftime cooper was no where near the ball

Southernsaint

Staff member
Thanks for that BTBBA.

As well as the game, everyone out at Penrith was very nice. We had a good time.

Cheers,
Ben S.

choc_soldier

Coach
Congrats to the Dragons. The better team won on the night. :clap:

We want our halves back. :(

Russell and Rogers were solid, but they're no Gower and Campbell. We missed their creativity and ability to create second phase plays.

Head looks like he's a genuine prospect though... where's Firman going to go when he comes back?

Southernsaint

Staff member
Willow said:
Munky said:
Amos Roberts doesnt play for us anymore.

I've no idea if it came out on the Channel Nein broadcast but whenever Amos was in the vicinity of the Army, we were all chanting: "We were there when you were shit", "Judas" & "Traitor"...

Poor bastard, LOL, he didn't even really do a Jason Stevens or Gorden Tallis. Imagine what Piggy's gonna cop :shock:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
He had rottern run with injuries and Saints will attest to that because they have all the medical reciepts. Seriously though, I wish Amos all the best. When he was at the top of his game, he was one of the fave players.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Congrats on your teams win Dragon fans! Well deserved your team outplayed us all over the park. Hopefully for us panther fans if our teams meet in the finals we get a better result from it! ;-) And i definately applaud all of the red and white fans that made it out to penrith on Friday night, well behaved and from the ones I had the pleasure of running into or visualising were thoroughly enjoying their teams win in good natured way!

Munky

Coach
Willow said:
Munky said:
Amos Roberts doesnt play for us anymore.

Good call :(

But anyway I was on a perfect angle to see his attempt to pick up the drop out.

Nearly as bad as Waterhouse the first time we played your lot.

Latest posts