What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conspiracy theory.

I have to give Reefy credit here.

If we finished 3rd which we probably would have if we had beaten the Roosters we would have been playing Brisbane in Brisbane.

If we lost (big possibility) we would have been on Melbourne's side of the draw after playing a draining first game with the travel and intensity of what that game would bring.

If we beat Newcastle we cement 5th position. This means we avoid Melbourne unless we play them in the GF.

We also will probably stay in Sydney for the entire Finals campaign if we keep winning.

First final we play someone who finishes 8th.

Second Final we play a battered Eels side that travelled to Melbourne and got beat up mentally and physically.

3rd Final hopefully we play the Roosters who hopefully beats the Broncos in Sydney in the first week of the finals.

We just have to beat Newcastle next week. The teams finishing 6th and 7th play each other the first week then the second week play the Roosters or Broncos. If it's the Broncos it's in Brisbane. If you beat them then good luck getting to the GF. You have to then beat Melbourne in Melbourne.

So Reefy made a very good point.

The top 4 (finishing 2nd or 3rd) could be a poison challis.

roboshark

Coach
I have to give Reefy credit here.

If we finished 3rd which we probably would have if we had beaten the Roosters we would have been playing Brisbane in Brisbane.

If we lost (big possibility) we would have been on Melbourne's side of the draw after playing a draining first game with the travel and intensity of what that game would bring.

If we beat Newcastle we cement 5th position. This means we avoid Melbourne unless we play them in the GF.

We also will probably stay in Sydney for the entire Finals campaign if we keep winning.

First final we play someone who finishes 8th.

Second Final we play a battered Eels side that travelled to Melbourne and got beat up mentally and physically.

3rd Final hopefully we play the Roosters who hopefully beats the Broncos in Sydney in the first week of the finals.

We just have to beat Newcastle next week. The teams finishing 6th and 7th play each other the first week then the second week play the Roosters or Broncos. If it's the Broncos it's in Brisbane. If you beat them then good luck getting to the GF. You have to then beat Melbourne in Melbourne.

So Reefy made a very good point.

The top 4 (finishing 2nd or 3rd) could be a poison challis.

Well

We need to beat Newcastle which on our current form is a big ask

And then we need to win our first semi which if it is against manly we are no hope

Reckon it will be the Cows after a bash up against Brisbane next week.

After Thursdays loss the Broncs will go total grub and bash to win and avoid Melbourne week 1

snout

First Grade
Do we want to finish top 4 ?
haha...love it.

It all makes sense now.

Birdy pulling out.

Wade's pathetic acting last night limping on the wrong leg.

Gal hanging onto the myth's leg to give a penalty.

Val pretending he can't spot any gaps.

Chad channelling Mitch Pearce's origin highlights.

Harold Holt on the grassy knoll.

Flanno's new teeth.

Stand by for the greatest end to a season since 1908.

Surely

Post Whore
I do take some consolation from the weekend's game, we didn't play great and only got beaten by a dodgy penalty.

There is one certain death. Play Melbourne in Melbourne. You cannot beat them & the referees in Melbourne. if you lose it will be bang bang. No matter who it is.

Card Shark

Immortal
Well

We need to beat Newcastle which on our current form is a big ask

And then we need to win our first semi which if it is against manly we are no hope

I think the broncos will beat the cowboys, Dragons will beat the dogs, panthers will beat the eagles & we will beat the knights.

Bottom of the 8 will be:
Sharks
Panthers
Dragons
Cowboys

We will play the Cowboys @ SFS.

Quigs

Immortal
When Souffs have to slip that speedbump Sutton back to 5/8 you know you thay in trouble.

I saw the tail end of the game the other night and I think it was Blocker going off his head about it being the 78th minute and that was Suttons third hit up

Well I can't see us playing anybody other than Brisbane or storm.
Our chances are equal if u take referees out of the equation.
Put them in at those grounds we are no chance. Zero.
So we are playing week2. Week2 will all be in Sydney anyway.
I'm thinking by staying out we get Broncos and storm on same side of draw.
The scenario for us in top 4 is only good if we win.
Lose and. All our momentum is gone.
The challenge of coming Ng from 5-8 could be s galvaniser.
Is this already in their minds? Subconsciously?
Even still we need to win tonight make the decision next week.

theres a scenario where we come 5th and play a Sydney final week one.
MOST likely play Parra if we make week 2
MOST likely play Roosters if we win that game