What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contenders 2017

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Well no fear here, I am stating this Dragons team have the potential to be premiership contenders for 2017.

It was Johns and Gould, who said back in rd 3 or 4 that the Dragons had the look and the look was the intensity and relentless
showing in the eyes and I agree.
I don't give a stuff about Mary and congrats if he has really turned them around but this playing group has lifted to the standard expected from a Dragons team and I expect them to give the title a real shot.
Bring it on Reactive view

Alec's-saints

Juniors
mate i agree, we look hungry this year and yesterday proved that we're a genuine footy team. we will make the top 6 without a doubt. we will lose widdop for 3 weeks and if we can jag 1 win before the bye we will be comfortably sitting in the top 4 going into second half of the season. praying for no more big injuries this year and we can give this comp a shake. go saints :dragon:

I don't give a stuff about Mary and congrats if he has really turned them around but this playing group has lifted to the standard expected from a Dragons team and I expect them to give the title a real shot.

Lol. Yeah, coach plays no role in winning a title.

Straight Shooter

Brutalitops

Juniors
Dragons will go far this year that's for sure. But need to see them knock off some big guns consecutively before I start expecting them to progress to the GF or even semis.

This chain of Roosters, Storm and Sharks is very possibly a finals run preview. I saw enough in the Roosters game to know we stand a chance, but really can't see us knocking the Storm or Broncos in the finals.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Dragons will go far this year that's for sure. But need to see them knock off some big guns consecutively before I start expecting them to progress to the GF or even semis.

This chain of Roosters, Storm and Sharks is very possibly a finals run preview. I saw enough in the Roosters game to know we stand a chance, but really can't see us knocking the Storm or Broncos in the finals.
broncos aren't even a threat. bottom 8 side. dragons will make top 6 easy.

Dragons 09

Juniors
broncos aren't even a threat. bottom 8 side. dragons will make top 6 easy.

I think the ladder will start to split in two the longer the season goes on and i would expect the Broncos to be in the top half of that. In saying that though, i agree with you that (based on current form) they don't appear to me to be a big threat to the better sides. They'll get better when Hunt comes back but they could realistically lose the majority of their games during the Origin series. Take Matt Gillette out of the side and they would have lost quite a few more games already.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Probably fair to say that providing we put ourselves in the position at finals time, the difference may be who has fit players and the bounce of the ball on the day.
I think it really is that simple.
We just have to put ourselves there.
Everything else will fall into place, whether that be for us or another team.
With our whole squad...... we do have the players. It's only a matter of if.

I don't see them winning either one of those games also i don't see them beating the Warriors either.

Mann will try his best but i don't have confidence in him at 5/8.

possm

Coach
The injury to Widdop was not in anyone's thinking. Maybe a key forward who had to be replaced with a fringe first grader but not Widdop, our captain, playmaker, kicker ............

We need to see how Mann goes tomorrow. If he does well we are in with a chance, if he does not do well, we need to hold our judgement for a few games and see if he improves game by game.

Widdop's injury could not have come at a worse time but that's the way things go sometimes.

giboz71

First Grade
The injury to Widdop was not in anyone's thinking. Maybe a key forward who had to be replaced with a fringe first grader but not Widdop, our captain, playmaker, kicker ............

We need to see how Mann goes tomorrow. If he does well we are in with a chance, if he does not do well, we need to hold our judgement for a few games and see if he improves game by game.

Widdop's injury could not have come at a worse time but that's the way things go sometimes.

Yep Widdop, McInnes, Vaughan, JDB, Friz, in order of importance. These are the guys we must have to make a run at the semis. These guys are tough to replace.

We seem to cover the loss of Duges ok but we looked completely lost without Widdop.

Will be interesting to see how Mann handles the job now he's had a week to train there.

mickeylane

Bench
mate i agree, we look hungry this year and yesterday proved that we're a genuine footy team. we will make the top 6 without a doubt. we will lose widdop for 3 weeks and if we can jag 1 win before the bye we will be comfortably sitting in the top 4 going into second half of the season. praying for no more big injuries this year and we can give this comp a shake. go saints :dragon:
Along w MELBOURNE we are the only team that plays semi final footy each week.. This will hold us in good stead during the finals

Minh

First Grade
We are contenders this year, plenty of strike in attack and a tremendous defensive team too which is a cornerstone of most premiership teams.....

St Georgio

Juniors
If we can beat either the Sharks or the Storm and back that up by beating the Warriors, definitely we are contenders, also Mary will prove to be a top notch coach worthy of an extension..jagging just 1 win out of the next 3 will prove Mary is just another average coach, that can be replaced by someone better!

Alec's-saints

Juniors
If we can beat either the Sharks or the Storm and back that up by beating the Warriors, definitely we are contenders, also Mary will prove to be a top notch coach worthy of an extension..jagging just 1 win out of the next 3 will prove Mary is just another average coach, that can be replaced by someone better!
mate it doesn't help when we lose our 5/8 and captain. we would be 7-1 if widdop stayed on and would've beat storm also. if we can jag 1 win i would be stoked. that would put us in a good position in the top 4

St Georgio

Juniors
mate it doesn't help when we lose our 5/8 and captain. we would be 7-1 if widdop stayed on and would've beat storm also. if we can jag 1 win i would be stoked. that would put us in a good position in the top 4
On another topic do you think the HIH rule is costing teams competition points and would head gear help the reduction of concussion, having Dugan off the field for such a lengthy period of time also contributed to the loss against the Rorters, imagine in a GF we are up by 8 points only to have a key play maker off the field because of the HIH rule and lose it.
I was thinking of creating another thread on this topic but I don't know if there would be traction.